Thumbs up to Shoei

I want to pass on some excellent customer service I received from Shoei. I dropped my Shoei RF 1200 about a year ago and the face shield ratcheting mechanism popped out of place. I had to take the mechanism off on both sides of the helmet to get it to go back into place. I had to break the rubbing blocks on both sides in order for ratchet to go back into place. The face shield worked as it should, but it always bothered me.  Fast forward to now. My daughter and I went to the MotoAmerica race in Utah last weekend. There was a Shoei representative there who works on the riders helmets. I asked him if he could look at my helmet. He said sure so i brought him the helmet. He not only replaced the mechanism on both sides of the helmet, he spent some time getting the adjustment exactly right so the face shield sealed on the rubber gasket perfectly. Then he popped on a brand new tinted face shield and said "here you go"! All at no cost! Fantastic customer service! That made me a Shoei customer for life. If you go to a race and see the Shoei awning, tell Kevin Tran "nice work".

13104.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Sweet! Shoei has been my go to helmet maker as they have always fit me really well and their quality has always been top notch, now with this report of customer service, they really take the prize!

I've always heard rumblings of Shoei being great at customer service, but never had to test it myself (on my second Shoei helmet and my wife also has one). I'm very happy for you and good for you to pass on the positive. We often forget to do that...

Cheers!

Archived