Father in law bought a CB500X

He's asked me to ride it home from the dealers (80 mile) for him, he's used to riding British bikes with gear lever on the right and is worried about totalling it. Looking forward to giving a different style bike a test run.

IMG_0791.JPG

How old is his British bike?

They're nice-looking bikes at their price. I see one occasionally on my commute, caught him on the ferry a few times. He rides like an old woman in a Buick.

The CB500x is a great bike! I bought one for my daughter and I love it. Way more fun around town than the VFR. The stock tires and suspension are not too great but both easily fixed. There is tons of stuff about the GSXR rear shock swap. None of them mention the x but it works and is many times the $25 I spent on it. On the other hand, if he has been riding a 59 model anything, this new bike will blow is skirt up in stock form.  Be aware, if you ride it, you'll want one.

Picking it up for him on Saturday. I think I'll like the riding position for long runs, no thumb and wrist fatigue, but I couldn't part with the VFR so I'd have to extend the garage to get another bike in.

Archived