1994 vfr750

32 original miles

completely stock

nearly-perfect plastics and tank finish

needs tank clean and fuel lines/pump replacement from sitting

needs brake lines/flush from sitting

rat chewed up rear turn signal/brake light wires

rat also pee'd on the clutch cover and ruined that black finish

I bought a cleaned carb and installed, as well as a key/ignition/tanklock/helmetlock.

It's been in my garage as I was slowly working to restore it but I'm moving and need to sell it, just don't want to sell myself short.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

You fiendish monster! Locking that poor girl up like that. LOL

As long as the tank is salvagable see if you can find a damaged tank with a good fuel pump for cheap. Not running the bike has a very limited market. The title situation may limit it further. I say repair it and title it, unless it has been non opped then repair it. Project 94 vfrs like yours are worth $1000 up to maybe $1500. Running tip top you are in the $3000 range give or take a few hundred. Just my oppinion.  I have been pricing them for a while wbile shopping for my new 5th gen.

I'm surprised at the $1,000-$1500 prices, this is for the vfr with literally 32 original miles? I might as well keep it at that point haha

I have the clear title as well, I just wanted to see if it was something special because of the low mileage

I'm surprised at the $1,000-$1500 prices, this is for the vfr with literally 32 original miles? I might as well keep it at that point haha
I have the clear title as well, I just wanted to see if it was something special because of the low mileage

VFRs can be hard to sell. I had my '07 up for sale for 2 years and never even got an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, SnowCrash said:

I just wanted to see if it was something special because of the low mileage

If you can walk up to it and fire it up, no issues, well maybe. Since things need fixing, can't really say....

Where is the bike?

Here is my 2 cents;

I am on my 33'r bike and have 4 now.  I have sold on CL and the first person who looks at my bike buys it.  Why, They are spotless and run as they should.  Ready to ride always gets the highest money.  Browse CL long enough and you will know what your bike is worth.

The market sets the price. Look at Craig's List and see what low mileage ones go for.   Example:  I just bought a 97 vfr750F with 7,700 miles that was running, had no dust on it, and owner had it since 1998 and licensed every year which means it got some use each year.   I looked for 2 months before it showed up.  If there is not that person out there looking when you advertise it, you sit on it if your price is too high. 

My new 1997 only needed tires. But logically I am flushing the fluids with new fluids and checking things as  I don't really know any new to me bike enough to put my life on the line with it.   I usually spend 4-600 dollars per bike and about 40 hours to get to the roadworthy point.   Few people would pay 3500 and put 600  into it plus many hours.  I figure I will have a very nice 97 750F and invested about 4k into it and could take it on any trip I desire.

With 32 miles the big problem is how dry are all the seals and rubber.   I feel a currently registered low mileage bike is always better than one that was just in storage. 

Tank cleaning the inside means you have to be careful so the nice paint on the outside stays nice.

Miles mean very little when it comes to the VFR. An indestructible motor and quality build mean there are thousands of units with up to over 100,000 Km still circulating in excellent condition. Valve checks at 120,000 Km are habitually still within tolerance specifications.

If the bike has been garaged. Regularly and lovingly maintained. Not had high-pressure water pistols used to clean it (ruins electrical components and gets into seals and joints causing internal corrosion). Not had a major chassis deforming accident and any parts broken in minor accidents have been replaced or properly prepared. Then they maintain a certain value.

Any bike that's just been sitting unused in storage with no proper storage strategy to prevent liquids from breaking down and damaging) and corroding the bike internally, to avoid seals drying out, plastics going brittle, tyres going hard and forming flat spots, rat infestation ruining the air filter and chewing cables... can require large sums of money and much time to restore to a functional roadworthy state.

The VFR is not a bike that goes for large sums of money second hand as it is. It's not as popular as a lot of I4s and it's not exotic nor rare enough to be a collectors item.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Miles mean very little when it comes....

Miles mean a lot to collectors. The problem is this bike isn't currently in a condition collectors would be interested in. 

17 hours ago, mello dude said:

If you can walk up to it and fire it up, no issues, well maybe. Since things need fixing, can't really say....

Exactly

Exactly

It is patently obvious it's in no condition as a collector's item and it is evident my discussion falls within the context of any particular increase in the bike's value in direct proportion to any presumed increase in half-life "on the road".

Archived