Helibar install

dgordon

• Member Contributer

Esteemed board, looking for best advice on the helibar install I have done on my '07 rwb.   Love the bars, but honestly struggling with how to raise them that extra 1/4".  I've installed them, and have them mounted right at the circlips, but raising further I am not comfortable with the tightness on the clutch, front brake and throttle lines.  To me, the throttle cables will need to go behind the right fork leg to clear without strain.  The front brake may be able to be finessed to get the extra 1/4", but keen to hear your recommendations - it seems tight to me right now at the circlips.  Lastly, the clutch line - is the best option to reroute it and if so how?  Many thanks for all thoughts on this.  The bars are definitely the bomb, just like to squeak  that extra 1/4" lift these new models offer. :-)  

Update:  June 26th.  Took some time to look things over and review.  Though the cables seem snug, there is enough room if you finesse the placement of everything.  Just took more time to focus and it all worked out well in the end. :wink:

Dave

I bought ST1300 throttle cables and that solved the issue on that side. I rerouted the clutch line, but I don't remember exactly how. Someday I'll readdress that issue, but it's fine with the bars in the lowest position.  But ST1300 throttle cables, get those.

• Member Contributer

I did what VFRLuvr did, I used ST 1300 cables. Rerouting the Clutch and Brake pipes inside the forks got enough to keep them slack without pinching. On the clutch side I removed one of the locating tangs on the master-cylinder that allowed me to twist the pipe down, that gave it a little more slack.

Archived