please. No.

• Member Contributer

I know of Aermacchi, MV Agusta, Cavgia, and Buell,    Not sure about them ever being involved with Ducati.   Inevitably, it always seems to end poorly for whomever HD buys out...

It's a perfect match! They both market to old guys with plenty of disposable income looking for ways to prove it to the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Sweeper said:

It's a perfect match! They both market to old guys with plenty of disposable income looking for ways to prove it to the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and both have been turning motorcyclists into mechanics since their respective inceptions?

• Member Contributer

Well, if the MV Agusta saga teaches us anything, someone will buy Ducati in about 3-5 years for $1...

Of course, with the way the world is turning, Ducati may sell HD for $1 in about 10 years...

• Member Contributer

I recently read an article on how HD needs to find newer blood as their long time fans and supporters are either dying out or getting too old to buy the latest and greatest HOG and the youth of today are either not interested in motorcycles or they're into sport motorcycles. If HD is going to stay afloat, they need to get new buyers. Ducati seems to be the new thing nowadays, so perfect target for HD.

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

I recently read an article on how HD needs to find newer blood as their long time fans and supporters are either dying out or getting too old to buy the latest and greatest HOG and the youth of today are either not interested in motorcycles or they're into sport motorcycles. If HD is going to stay afloat, they need to get new buyers. Ducati seems to be the new thing nowadays, so perfect target for HD.

that's what Buell was supposed to be all about - good, niche bikes, for a non-cruiser crowd..  HD "managed" them .right into the dirt...  if they just would have left Erik to his own devices..

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Burns said:

that's what Buell was supposed to be all about - good, niche bikes, for a non-cruiser crowd..  HD "managed" them .right into the dirt...  if they just would have left Erik to his own devices..

I mean really, HD wasn't exactly getting a star brand with Buell. Erik himself hasn't exactly hit a home-run in a long time, and people have given him way too many chances already imo.

With Ducati, they get a brand that has the same allure that HD has. You know, the kind that idiots with too much money flock to because they're sold on the brands' image? Match made in heaven. 

• Member Contributer

But what does that really get them (HD)?  Unless they change the image of HD, or cross breed products, you end up with two companies making two brands in two different locations.  Is HD going to make Ducati better?  Is Ducati going to make HD better?  Nope, they will stay unique and separate and one will drag the other down hill (financially)...

I think HD in the 90's and 00's lived off the image built in the 50's and 60's, now their image is a motorcycle for Doctors and Lawyers who want to pretend to be something else, and I am not sure that image is going to sell to the next generation.  They will always have the loyal following, and sell a certain number of bikes, but I don't see significant growth for the next few decades.  They are dipping their toes in electric bikes, which is good, but the V-Rod was not a glowing success story, which shows their customer base's propensity for new/different products that stray from their core offering.

My biggest fear is that Ducati's MotoGP and WSBK efforts will be the first to feel budget cuts, and that is the core of Ducati.

• Member Contributer

If HD couldn't do anything with MV (other than lose money), I seriously doubt they're going to be successful with Ducati.  And it wasn't that long ago!  Doesn't HD have shareholders?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

They want to buy Ducati to siphon the profits to keep HD afloat. That is all. So Ducati won't have money for racing or development if HD buys them.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, thtanner said:

I mean really, HD wasn't exactly getting a star brand with Buell. Erik himself hasn't exactly hit a home-run in a long time, and people have given him way too many chances already imo.

With Ducati, they get a brand that has the same allure that HD has. You know, the kind that idiots with too much money flock to because they're sold on the brands' image? Match made in heaven. 

I was saying the same thing to Jordan. Ducati is an established name with a good following, especially now that they are doing well on the racing circuit and have some really nice bikes with sales appeal. The Buell, however good it was, was a start up motorcycle company.

That being said, as was stated a few post ago, having Ducati be their main stream of new revenue generator would only mean that they would eventually have to Rob peter to pay Paul. This kind of business model would not be good.

Ultimately, HD needs to find new customers and considering they would have an instant source with Ducati, that has some appeal to them. However, it could back fire and maybe nobody will want an HD Ducati. As it is, there was some jokes about it being a DucAudi...

• Member Contributer

I will cheers for the Italians, going to the circuit on Sunday...

Go Rossi!!!!

Go Dovi!!!! (make it a hat trick!)

:-)

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Your President is gonna fix this right? :schla15:

I think the best that'll come from him is calling this fake news!

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

It will be "awesome"!!!

19437795_10212141934051169_3440588692526329431_n.jpg.b41c3d0bc4b45709a876c46ba0b9bcd6.jpg

Does everybody else see Timmy written all over this?

• Member Contributer

Share prices of Duplicolor's Black Paint daughter company will SOAR!!!

• Member Contributer

The Indian company Hero got their fingers badly burned with EBR, the asking price for Ducati is so high because it has a proven track and sales record, has new motors and bike ready to release, outside of Japan they're the most successful company in the world ... the total opposite of EBR 

Hero wont touch the management at all, part of the reason EBR failed ... Ducati have top designers, engineers and management that are experts at what they do

The comparison with MV is invalid due the mostly unseen money movement that caused 50+ bikes to be sold and then classed as stolen in the UK alone ... which incidentally is still going on, how many other bikes are out there in similar circumstances is anyone's guess ... MV has never recovered a sense of direction since the old man died

• Member Contributer

Where are you getting the information from that outside of Japan Ducati is the most successful company in the world? 

• Member Contributer
It will be "awesome"!!!

19437795_10212141934051169_3440588692526329431_n.jpg.b41c3d0bc4b45709a876c46ba0b9bcd6.jpg

Sorry for those that like this.....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Archived