Nirvana (not the band) *several images*

tbzep

• Member Contributer

Skip to the 2nd paragraph if you don't care anything about ATV's.  I went shopping for a used ATV today after a few weeks prowling Craigslist, dealer websites, etc.  I found that private owners think their ATV's are worth more than dealers do, even though they tend to be ratted out.  Many of them that were 4 or 5 years old were priced at invoice when they were new!  There are a couple of dealers within 100 miles of me that will sell new at invoice.  One had three used ATV's and a couple of privately owned ones with moderately decent prices were located along the way, so I headed that way this morning with intention of bringing one home.  To make a long story (and sentence) even longer, I didn't like the condition of any of the used ones, and considering privately owned ones had no warranty, and dealer used ones just had 30 day warranties, and I don't hunt anymore so I didn't want a camo (higher price) and don't care for the dull green ones that all the manufacturers sell,  I brought home a new Honda red ATV.

Here's the real story!  Off to the right side of the main showroom was Heaven on Earth!  Dozens and dozens of bikes from BSA's to early 1900's Indians, from early Honda to...the holy grail(s) of Honda.  The 750four, the RC30, the VF1000R.  I didn't have time to look at everything, but I absolutely will go back with my much higher quality DSLR someday and spend an afternoon drooling.  Sorry the VF1000R is blurry.  It focused on the RC30 in the foreground and I didn't notice because I had to get back home and go to work.  When I go back, I may offer to dust them all off for free.  Heck, I might even offer to pay them to let me dust them!  

20170621_120926.jpg

20170621_121041.jpg

20170621_121059.jpg

20170621_121049.jpg

20170621_121114.jpg

20170621_121206.jpg

My humble garage doesn't come close to matching Lake Hill Motors.

20170621_153025.jpg

• Member Contributer

WHAT???   No VF500F2 in that dealer's place?  

What a dump!!! :goofy:

Nah, just jealous, but only if he occasionally RIDES them...

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

WHAT???   No VF500F2 in that dealer's place?  

What a dump!!! :goofy:

Nah, just jealous, but only if he occasionally RIDES them...

Sadly, we didn't get F2's in the USA as you already know, and yes I'm jealous!  However, did you notice the plate on the RC30?  It was on the street in 2008.  My first bike was an 86 VF500F (no 2).  I wouldn't be surprised if one was in that building somewhere, but then again, I didn't see a VF750F or VFR750F.  I will definitely make another trek down there. 

Honda ATV's are bomb proof. Good choice! In twenty years of ownership, I replaced a starter, muffler, and battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 6/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, Sweeper said:

Honda ATV's are bomb proof. Good choice! In twenty years of ownership, I replaced a starter, muffler, and battery.

That's exactly why I chose it.  Polaris 570 had more clearance and stouter engine, but folks around here say they have issues.  Can-Am...I'd love the Rotax twin, but they are expensive around here.   It's really nice to have Abernathy's and Lake Hill Motors both within an hour and a half drive.  Their prices are great, and Lake Hill has lots of eye candy (classic bikes)!

Archived