highest temperature you've ridden your VFR1200 in.

swimmer

• Member Contributer

Bike showed 117F (47C) (phone and thermometer at home showed 116) on the way home from work today which bettered (worsened) my previous record of 115F I saw on Monday.  I think even more depressing was seeing 102F yesterday morning at 8:20.  Summer sucks.  The VFR1200 has outstanding heat management.

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

Wearing full leather safety gear?:unsure:

Aerostich Transit 2 jacket, Rukka Gore Tex vented pants and A* vented Super Tech R boots.

• Member Contributer
On June 21, 2017 at 4:08 PM, swimmer said:

Bike showed 117F (47C) (phone and thermometer at home showed 116) on the way home from work today which bettered (worsened) my previous record of 115F I saw on Monday.  I think even more depressing was seeing 102F yesterday morning at 8:20.  Summer sucks.  The VFR1200 has outstanding heat management.

Yeah, but it's a dry heat!  ?

That is some serious warmth Swimmer.  Can't imagine vented gear helps much.  

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Marsman99 said:

Yeah, but it's a dry heat!  ?

That is some serious warmth Swimmer.  Can't imagine vented gear helps much.  

Nope.  It actually is better also to close the helmet vents when riding at higher speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ridden in 38 degrees Celsius (~101F) this July 1st. I had full leather as usual and it felt like boiling, high temps coming on the face and checked my feet while riding to see if they actually caught fire! The viffer twelve was not bothered by the heat. Water temp stayed at usual level, which is with 3 lit blocks. At lower outside temps it lits 2 blocks.

I give credibility to the temp sensor only after a few kms of riding. If the bike is warm and stays parked for a while the temp always goes above 40C due to engine heat. I have to ride it 1-2km to allow the temp to settle to the real value.

I did a quick stop while riding just for taking the picture.

20170701_142141.jpg

Archived