1996 VFR750 and 15400-PLM-A02 Oil Filter Question

Currently, I have Purolator L14610 on the bike.

Question which I have is, can I use OEM Honda 15400-PLM-A02? Since I have many on hand.

Because L14610 is specified for my Civic too, while A02 is the OEM filter for that same Civic as well.

But I just wanted to confirm before I experiment and make my engine explode.

Should I have no problem using it or I should stay away?

Thanks for all of your input and help.

Your engine will not explode. I use the 14610 on our 08 Accord. Can't see why there would be a problem going the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the sake of a few dollars why wouldn't you put a motorcycle specific oil filter on.  I change my oil  and filter every 2000 miles and use a bike filter. I use a Fram from Walmart.  Yes I know about some peoples opinions.  But the OEM Honda filter I buy for my civic has all the appearance of a Fram.  So if its good enough for my car, its good enough for my bike.

For the sake of a few dollars why wouldn't you put a motorcycle specific oil filter on.  I change my oil  and filter every 2000 miles and use a bike filter. I use a Fram from Walmart.  Yes I know about some peoples opinions.  But the OEM Honda filter I buy for my civic has all the appearance of a Fram.  So if its good enough for my car, its good enough for my bike.

So please explain the difference between motorcycle and auto oil filters being specific as possible.

8 hours ago, gonerydin said:

So please explain the difference between motorcycle and auto oil filters being specific as possible.

Oh I'm not being drawn into an oil filter debate.  Look it up on this site.  You'll find plenty of oil filter posts.  What I will say is that T6 Castrol is Jaso ma approved so it can be used in bikes.  But its still principally designed for diesels, so I won't be putting it in my bike.  But that's just me.  Do what makes you comfortable.

2 hours ago, VFR750 said:

Oh I'm not being drawn into an oil filter debate.  Look it up on this site.  You'll find plenty of oil filter posts.  What I will say is that T6 Castrol is Jaso ma approved so it can be used in bikes.  But its still principally designed for diesels, so I won't be putting it in my bike.  But that's just me.  Do what makes you comfortable.

T6 Rotella - There. Now it's an oil thread! :beer:

I didn't have to draw you in. You jumped head first.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived