VFR in WV

jdsto

Almost finished my first touring trip on the VFR. 1800km into a 2100km trip. Taking a much needed day of rest at my buddies cottage before the last ride home.

We started north of Toronto, Canada rode down to West Virginia and looped back through the finger lakes in new York state to round the east end of lake Ontario.

Even with the motopumps medium risers my hands seem to have taken the most punishment.

Weather wise we completely lucked out. There were major storm systems throughout the north east and we skirted all of it. Didn't get a drop of rain.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IMG_20170617_071947.jpg

IMG_20170511_154802.jpg

Hands were almost feeling bruised and yes a little bit of the tingling by the end of the day. The longest day was 550km which is just a long time in the saddle.

Yes those are the OEM saddlebags and top box. Worked great for me. They are a little pricey but I like how well integrated they are and that there aren't any frames on the side when they are removed

I've always enjoyed those areas of WV and NY. Been considering picking up the panniers, but the price is preventing me from pulling the trigger... I still have my Kriega bags if needed for a road trip.

The wife got me the bags for my 50th. We had some pretty nice roads in PA as well. 119 south from Dubois was a lot of fun.

Fortunately we had no need for heated grips. Dehydrated was more of an issue. We also did just over a 1000km in two days. Day two of which we pushed the pace for fear of thunderstorms and torrential rain.

• Member Contributer

Dehydration. I always chug back a sports drink at gas stops when on a tour like you were.

You were pretty close to Seneca Rocks. Worth checking out next time. Smoke Hole road is close by and is a hidden gem. As is the ride from Franklin to Brandywine (Highway 33). So many roads, so little time.

Archived