8th Gen Compatible Throttle Tubes

jhenley17

• Member Contributer

Have you checked part numbers with other vfrs and see if they can be swapped from other bikes in order to get the desired result. 

Alternately take a bigger handful.

Well, I was hoping to be able to go from closed to WOT comfortably without adjusting my grip so that I could more easily get a bigger handful. I haven't compared part numbers, yet, I figured I'd see if the ground work had been done before I start that.

• Member Contributer

Well it appears that the throttle tube comes with the grip. Different part numbers for the US models.  More of a choice on the std bike but sadly no vfr in list can't see many NC or CB owners wanting a qot.  

Alternately you could just just buy one and try , I'm sure they are only a few dollars from eBay. Or adjust your grip prior to opening.  If you've never tried one they take a bit of getting used to on the street. 

Progressive would be preferred, but I'll take what I can get.

I might try a few and see what happens. I'll probably compare pictures and see if anything even looks possible.

• 5 months later...

jb weld popped off. redid it for now.

but also ordered the G2 competition quick turn throttle, for the cb1000. oem throttle tubes are the same part number on bikebandit, so it should work. i plan to machine a little progressive cam action into it, when i get it. that'll last longer than the jb weld lol. 

will update later if it works.

Archived