Welcome to VFRDiscussion

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhenley17

8th Gen Compatible Throttle Tubes

Does anyone know if any other model throttle tubes are compatible? Looking for something a little quicker than stock.

Have you checked part numbers with other vfrs and see if they can be swapped from other bikes in order to get the desired result. 

Alternately take a bigger handful.

Well, I was hoping to be able to go from closed to WOT comfortably without adjusting my grip so that I could more easily get a bigger handful. I haven't compared part numbers, yet, I figured I'd see if the ground work had been done before I start that.

1 person likes this

Given the 8th gen's tendency to be twitchy at low throttle settings, I'd probably set my sites on a progressive unit.

Well it appears that the throttle tube comes with the grip. Different part numbers for the US models.  More of a choice on the std bike but sadly no vfr in list can't see many NC or CB owners wanting a qot.  

Alternately you could just just buy one and try , I'm sure they are only a few dollars from eBay. Or adjust your grip prior to opening.  If you've never tried one they take a bit of getting used to on the street. 

1 person likes this

Progressive would be preferred, but I'll take what I can get.

I might try a few and see what happens. I'll probably compare pictures and see if anything even looks possible.

Check out the G2 Throttle Tamer.