Build your silencer... VFR800F 2014

paolowelder

Hi!

Here are the first results:

A very, very short silencer, The rear wheel fully visible, but too much noise, And unbalanced aesthetics.

No problem, I create the 2nd version!

Note: everything you see, cones, bends, welds, is done with my hands.

regards!

• Member Contributer

Excellent shaping and welding... clearly you have gone quite a bit beyond the point where most would go in a customize exhaust...

Since you own an RC79 I'd love you to try a V4 header with larger and smoother built primaries,  no catalyst,  and we'll see if it fits the 5th/6th gen?

it could be a relatively hot seller given the potencial market?  :)

I increased the silencer volume, I created a little bigger and longer cones, I created the base, oval, sheet metal (oval, to stay 2 cm from the wheel).

Result: A longer silencer in the direction of the engine. Sounds good, It does not make too much noise! ( The first was a plane )

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

Now a bit of data: The total length (fitting and silencer) Is equal to that of the original silencer, (that's why all those outbound curves) the diameter of the line is 50 mm ext, The diameter of the dbkiller is 30 mm.

If you need more data, ask as well!

bye, see you soon

• Member Contributer

Wow, great work!  I can see the wheel and it looks beautiful!   Does it cook your foot?   Hard to tell in the pics but it seems to come VERY close to the right foot peg - or maybe it's just an illusion?  I wouldn't want it to melt my crocs :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

Terrific work, the second version looks like the factory might have put it there - perfect aesthetics for the VFR. Can you post a rear 3/4 photo too please?

Archived