fall ride

3dcycle

• Member Contributer

hey just checking, is there a fall VFR meet in or around deals gap area, I am looking to do a 10 day vacation after labor day and if there is a group ride around that time I will plan around that, will be riding my bike down from VT (1200ish miles) will take 2 days to get there have 6 days to play there and then do a iron butt on the ways home and have 1 day to sleep. let me know if there is anything planed

There will be a Fall ride. Not sure on details but late September was the plan. It will be north of the gap but great roads between. Look at the maps in the Reptile Roads tour that VFRpwr posted. It was EPIC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I will keep my eye out for the post I could not find it, need to know asap, need to take the time off months in advance

Bob is trying to finalize the dates and location this week. I'll post up as soon as he has it locked down.

Bob is trying to finalize the dates and location this week. I'll post up as soon as he has it locked down. He is looking at the last week of Sept. or the first week of Oct. running out of Marion Va. 

If the dates don't work out, check out the maps for some great roads running north out of Deal's Gap.

The link to Robs map for the tour. 

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=55875

If you are running the Dragon for the first time, do it mid week to avoid the crowds. Its not worth the trip except for the show on the weekends.

• Member Contributer

I ran the dragon once in December about 6 years ago, end of Sept would be ok October it's getting cold up here to ride from here

Archived