If anyone was wondering what 21 year old coolant tools like

dirtrider

• Member Contributer

WOW! You may want to try flush out the engine, if that was in the cooling system, who knows what's in the cylinder cooling jackets, that's pretty nasty stuff there!

Yeah I was and I noticed no water was coming out of the water pump area, so I pulled off the coolant rail and the whole pipe was clogged, and it still it I wasn't able yet to clear it

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

According to the service manual it is suggested that the water pump is replaced as a unit. The part 19200-ML7-692 is listed for $119 on Partzilla.

The cooling system on my ST1100 was going the same way after 10 years standing; the thermostat was the worst (basically it was dissolving), but I had a couple of pinholes on the radiator as well. fortunately they've sealed and held up fine for 20,000km using some cold weld goop. Once I had a sealed system, I ran some radiator flush suitable for aluminium parts through the bike for an hour, then dumped that and replaced with coolant. 

IMG_2440.JPG

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, nicholas042416 said:

Man, throw some WD-40 on that and move down the road emoji6.png. Good luck to you my friend...it'll be a journey for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seafoam! Cures anything...:goofy:

Archived