Lets talk about footpegs! (Exciting, i know...)

So: The stock VFR footpegs are trash, CBR 600 pegs are MUCH better, but still not quite good enough to last through the daily abuse i put them through.
Thinking about trying Fireblade pegs as they've got no rubber on them. Just cast aluminium. Might even see if the stock passenger pegs fit. 

Anyone tried any of this?

• Member Contributer

Da je vu

Im sure I've been here b4

Yep, got the '14 blade pegs on the viffer.

I can feel a little more vibration with my race boots on but nothing major.

I also find the blades pegs give a little bit better grip in wet conditions.

• Member Contributer

Depends on your riding. Yes solid pegs will give you better feel, but IME they begin to suck after several hundred miles. I prefer the stock pegs on my touring bike. I have solid pegs on my play bike.

Then i think solid pegs will do me just fine. 99% of my riding is to and from work, which is between 15 and 20 mins each way. Beyond that? Maybe the occasional 2 hour run every month or so, and i have pretty thick souls on my bike boots.

I'll swap the passenger/rider pegs around today, see how that goes.

• Member Contributer

I've SP1 pegs, which I'll wager are from the same parts bin as the Fireblade's. I find them to be great! Grippy enough to keep my feet in place, but still able to move them when I need to. 

1 hour ago, KevCarver said:

I've SP1 pegs, which I'll wager are from the same parts bin as the Fireblade's. I find them to be great! Grippy enough to keep my feet in place, but still able to move them when I need to. 

Nice. Gives me more options.

Archived