Slow speed clicking

StubyDoo

I've just noticed a click or a clunk coming from the bike at slow speeds in 1st gear.  I normally don't notice it as I have music on but I've just been away for the weekend with the missus on the back and she described it as a clicking sound coming from the front.  From my position it sounds to come from the rear and is a cross between a click and a clunk.  It doesn't speed up so probably not chain related.  As the revs pick up it seems to go away but the wind and engine noise could be masking it.  I can't recreate the noise with the bike on the centre stand so I'm at a lose to what could be causing it.  Any ideas anyone?

Someone somewhere else thinks it could be the centre stand and I did have the end can off on Friday for a new tyre.  I'll check at lunch time to see if it's hitting the rubber buffer!

16 hours ago, StubyDoo said:

I've just had a thought, could it be the cam chain tensioners?

Wouldn't have thought so, CCT noise is most obvious at idle and disappears when you move off and the chain slack is taken up.

• Member Contributer

Check both tyres for nails or stones, they make a nice regular noise, but get lost in the cacophony as speed increases !

Archived