Any New Frame Sliders?

bighawk

Hi Everyone,

From what I understand the following exist:

1. R&G Frame Sliders
  2. T-REX Frame Sliders

Last I read was that the latter had issues with functionality and I've seen online that they are out of stock (discontinued?).  There are two options for the R&G's which do you prefer and why? Looking for a no drill if possible.

Thanks in advance. 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, bighawk said:

Hi Everyone,

From what I understand the following exist:

1. R&G Frame Sliders
  2. T-REX Frame Sliders

Last I read was that the latter had issues with functionality and I've seen online that they are out of stock (discontinued?).  There are two options for the R&G's which do you prefer and why? Looking for a no drill if possible.

Thanks in advance. 

There's also the GSG ones and I'm pretty sure there's another brand (https://www.gsg-mototechnik.de/)

Ive got MK1 T-rex fitted, but since they've stopped supplying replacement pucks for it, despite what the website may say, I've had to purchase a new complete installation ..... not at all impressed with that

T REX sells them on ebay all day long, got mine there so pay no attention to their web site , someone is not up to speed on updates.  I ordered a replacement puck from them and their shipping guy sent me a whole new set so I got spare parts now.

T-Rex have changed their design and it's the old version that has been discontinued. I've fitted some of the new ones in the last couple of weeks and am hoping not to test them.

593a895348dd4_2017-05-28Sliderrightnewstyle.thumb.JPG.f8d721ff46c832ac3ee1cb8d67515ca4.JPG

how much did you pay for them?

Do you have the part # ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, duccmann said:

how much did you pay for them?

Do you have the part # ?

Thanks

I got them on eBay from T-Rex themselves but looking on their site the VTEC version is this... http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=878 Cost me more with import taxes and shipping to the UK of course.

• 4 weeks later...

One word of caution, I was reinstalling mine after an oil change ( you have to remove them to access the one clip on the cover ) and was using my electric driver to get them snug before torquing and was holding the slider with my finger on the back side and got my finger pinched and it took a few secs to get my driver in reverse , ouch.

I think the torque was 35 foot pounds.

On 11/06/2017 at 1:23 AM, fatshoutybloke said:

I got them on eBay from T-Rex themselves but looking on their site the VTEC version is this... http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=878 Cost me more with import taxes and shipping to the UK of course.

Thanks for sharing. Has anyone had the unfortunate incident and tested them?

PS: my first post

Guys,

I pulled the trigger on the R&G aero frame sliders. 

I posted a quick vid for you all so you could see what you'd be buying.  Hope this helps you all with your decision...

PS: I'm a lot more fluid off camera :P

On 7/13/2017 at 1:03 PM, PetePower said:

Thanks for sharing. Has anyone had the unfortunate incident and tested them?

PS: my first post

Yes, I bloody have. On the way home from work today, on a pile of gravel at a junction with a country lane. They did their job, no damage to the lower or middle fairings at all.

2017_0714Pix0002.JPG

2017_0714Pix0005.JPG

Yes, I bloody have. On the way home from work today, on a pile of gravel at a junction with a country lane. They did their job, no damage to the lower or middle fairings at all.
[url=http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/monthly_2017_07/2017_

5 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

2017_0714Pix0002.JPG

2017_0714Pix0005.JPG

Oh man that sux, hope your okay

• Member Contributer

That's a piss off mate, our roads are disappearing under a layer of gravel from the stone lifting, increasing numbers of junctions have ever growing areas of gravel where cars don't go but motorcycles do, I've had my traction control cut in a lot recently due to this

Used to be the highway authorise duty to keep the roads clean but a bunch of scumbag solicitors called Kennedys got that ruled against in a court case that killed a biker, http://www.kennedyslaw.com/casereview/gravelhighwaysact/

One more thing we pay for but doesn't happen ... "One of those days in England with the country going broke"

Archived