Taking it to a whole new level

fink

• Member Contributer

Why do you say that?

The last few years have been exceptional and this years weather is normal, it was only a few years ago Friday's racing was cancelled, no Senior TT for the first time

As for the racing, it's been brilliant, Hillier and Hickman have really shone through as the next generation 

Honda have turned it into a bad year for themselves and all the poor sods who booked up to see Guy Martin win a TT .... an expensive lesson for everyone 

• Member Contributer

2 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Why do you say that?

Maybe he's referring to this?

Deadly Isle of Man TT claims three riders in one week

http://www.wheels24.co.za/BikesQuads/RacingNews/deadly-isle-of-man-tt-claims-three-riders-in-one-week-20170608

• Member Contributer

No matter how safety concious you are, in the end we ALL die.

Some people are already dead from the age of 25, but die at 75....

Road racers choose to race on roads. Glad that this choice exist legally.

I have been on the Island, did my lap on Mad Sunday, ticked the box.

Am sure riders died that year on the island, just as others did alk around the world.

Guy decided he did not have the confidence (in the bike) so stepped back. But he WILL race again, his choice. Just as we choose to ride.

RIP redslut....

It's a choice they accept, certainly. That doesn't mean it's not terrible when people die. Soldiers know they're going into harm's way, it's still horrible when they die. Not saying the weather and tragedy are unprecedented, but it's still not the best year.

• Member Contributer

I shudder every time an announcement from the TT organisers pops up in my FB news feed but nobody has to race there. 

Those who choose to have my undying respect for their skills, courage and the way they live their lives to the fullest. 

• Member Contributer

In MotoGP there are riders that I root for and others that I root against.  In the TT there is not a single rider that I root against.  Maybe it is because I am just amazed by the whole spectacle.

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, LangoPTC said:

In MotoGP there are riders that I root for and others that I root against.  In the TT there is not a single rider that I root against.  Maybe it is because I am just amazed by the whole spectacle.

The Isle's timed format makes a difference too, riding balls out against the clock and not in a big wad pacing themselves...or cutting each other off, or complaining about the track and their competition (or even teammates).  The format doesn't magnify assholes' personalities, but it enhances their talent and resolve.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived