Rough Running. 6Th Gen VTEC

Woodie

• Member Contributer

I'm having a few running problems with my 2003 VTEC. After swapping the engine I have run it for a few weeks and now find it runs rough once it gets warm. It seems to run OK when cold but gets very hesitant when it is warm. This is more obvious when running at constant revs, if I'm accelerating or slowing under engine braking it seems OK but as I drive a lot in traffic I tend to be going at steady engine revs for miles.

It seems to hesitate, at first I thought it was warped discs binding the way it feels but if I pull the clutch it coasts quite easily.

Also if I rev the bike with no load it seems to climb smoothly.

I did notice it got worse when the engine temp rose to about 105 degrees (Centigrade) as I was in traffic, the temp dropped to 80 degrees it improved but wasn't smooth. Also if the engine is running at below 3k revs it doesn't like to pull.

I'm quite good with spanners so not afraid to tackle most jobs but have no idea where to start.

This is my daily commuter so I could do with this running better. I have checked the air filter and reseated the velocity stacks in the air box. I am going to remove the air-box and reseat the throttle body rubbers in case I have an air leak.

Anyone have any suggestions for further investigation.

Hi,

Sorry I don't have any solution

But since I experience the same problem, I'll post any solution I could find elsewhere and follow this thread attentively.

Archived