CBR 1000 wheel for 6th gen VFR ?

Coatzin

Hello everyone !

First post here apart from the presentation one ! :beer:

A friend of mine showed me some pictures of a 6th gen red VFR800 with a CBR1000 wheel, like the attached one.

I really liked the look it gave to the bike but wondered if there are any compatibility issue. Has someone already tried it? What do you think of it?

Cheers

honda-cb-1000-r-monobras.jpg

• Member Contributer

CB1000R 15 lbs, 10 oz
VFR800 5 spoke (1998-2009) 13 lbs, 4.6 oz
VFR750 8 spoke ('90-'93? something like that) 12 lbs, 11.8 oz

I once had all three wheels and weighed them at my local post office on the same scale.

• Member Contributer

Kel, I'm surprised that the CB1000R rear is so much heavier than the VFR's.

Fwiw, your measurements for the 8-spoke and 5th & 6th 5-spoke are close to mine at 12 pounds each, without tires, wheel weights, or valve stems. Of course, I used a bathroom scale so  accuracy isn't assured.

Btw, my 5th genes front weighed 9 pounds, again sans tire, wheel weights, or valve stem, but including wheel bearings.

• Member Contributer
35 minutes ago, Lorne said:

Kel, I'm surprised that the CB1000R rear is so much heavier than the VFR's.

Fwiw, your measurements for the 8-spoke and 5th & 6th 5-spoke are close to mine at 12 pounds each, without tires, wheel weights, or valve stems. Of course, I used a bathroom scale so  accuracy isn't assured.

Btw, my 5th genes front weighed 9 pounds, again sans tire, wheel weights, or valve stem, but including wheel bearings.

I am not surprised I own one .

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, KevCarver said:

CB1000R 15 lbs, 10 oz

So, on top of being uglier than sin, it's also made of lead ? :goofy:

My wife saw the CB1000 when I went to pick up the VFR and wanted me to get it. Other than just wanting something completely different from the 599, that rear wheel just wasn't happening for me.

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

[...] that rear wheel just wasn't happening for me.

Good man ! :cool: :laugh:

It looks like a great ride but it has a bland IL4 and the wheels are really overstyled and podgy, IMO.

Now, where's that VFR1000 again, Mr. Honda ? :491:

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, RC36Rider said:

So, on top of being uglier than sin, it's also made of lead ? :goofy:

Hear, hear.

Another way to stand out would be to install ape hangers and foot boards :pinocchio:

1 hour ago, VFROZ said:

Hear, hear.

Another way to stand out would be to install ape hangers and foot boards :pinocchio:

Hey hey don't give me too many ideas, I may use them :goofy:

15 hours ago, KevCarver said:

Fits exactly as is with no issues. Minor correction: it's a CB1000R rear. 

Thx for the info !!

I think I will keep an eye out for used one on auction sites since I really like the design.

BTW, do you know if the front wheel fits as well? might as well get both :wink:

Good man ! :cool: laugh.gif

It looks like a great ride but it has a bland IL4 and the wheels are really overstyled and podgy, IMO.

Now, where's that VFR1000 again, Mr. Honda ? :491:

I4s are a lot of fun without such a linear powerband and stratospheric redlines, but the V4 and that sexy rear wheel were calling me.

• Member Contributer
On 6/2/2017 at 5:47 AM, Coatzin said:

BTW, do you know if the front wheel fits as well? might as well get both :wink:

Nope, not as stock. I was trying to get some numbers but no one had any info at the time. Eventually other stuff happened and I gave up and sold my CB1000R rear wheel. At one time they were really affordable new from Honda. That's how I got mine. Prices came up a bit now, but I think they are still less than VFR rear wheels new. 

On 4/6/2017 at 2:17 AM, KevCarver said:

Nope, not as stock. I was trying to get some numbers but no one had any info at the time. Eventually other stuff happened and I gave up and sold my CB1000R rear wheel. At one time they were really affordable new from Honda. That's how I got mine. Prices came up a bit now, but I think they are still less than VFR rear wheels new. 

Ok,

thx for the info :happy:

• 1 month later...

Archived