VFR 800 front wheel on a 4th gen ???

• Member Contributer

Can you use a Vfr800 front wheel on a 94 VFR?? And if so what mods are needed, seems like the rotors sit approx 1/4" too wide ! I have a polished VFR 800 front wheel that I'd like to use along with a 5th gen rear wheel that I'd like to use for a set of stickier tires on my 94, that way I can have a set of wheels with Dunlop Roadsmarts and another set with Q3's or Pilot Powers! Thanks PS already notched the rear! Got good valves and springs in the forks and a Penske rear shock!

I'm virtually positive that the front end needs to be changed out.  I know for a fact it won't work from a 3rd to 4th gen.  Clearances are different and I'm nearly certain the same is true for a 4th to 5th gen.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, trjerm said:

Can you use a Vfr800 front wheel on a 94 VFR?? And if so what mods are needed, seems like the rotors sit approx 1/4" too wide ! I

Yes, the rotor spacing is too wide even though the rotor offset is the same, IIRC.

Custom rotors with reduced offset ? $$$ plus I'm not sure there would be enough clearance for the calipers.

Machining the mounting bosses on the wheel ? I doubt that there is enough "meat" for that, though. :mellow:

I'm afraid there is no practical / cost effective alternative to getting the correct front wheel. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

RC46 triples, axle and front fender might do it, I'd guess.  Measure first!

Ciao,

Archived