I am back! With UFO 99 VFR800

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Ducky said I used our recycler with the 4th gen, guess out of curiosity, I should weigh mine.

• Member Contributer

No need to weigh, looking at the mods -70lbs is correct, thanks for sharing, great VFR!!

• Member Contributer
On 6/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, soichiro said:

Zupatun, you obviously know a lot more than me. I was always under the impression, each wheel should be weighed at the same time. A scale on each "corner". Interesting, thx.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dont sweat it.  I'n not trying to be a dick about it.  People teach me stuff here every day either I thought I knew or I was ignorant regarding it...plenty to learn here, that's for sure.  

Cheers,

Matt

• Member Contributer
On 6/4/2017 at 10:23 AM, duccmann said:

Just take it to a recycle scale, had to do this moving back to CA to register my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most/any truck stop will have a set of scales...or so that's what my brain tells me...

Zupatun, facts are facts. I'm a Honda tech that sucks at math, lol. I didn't take it the wrong way. I've learned so much here over the past 12 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Took the bike for a real ride in Angeles Crest with no expectation i would be as impressed as I am with it. My last 98 vfr had an Elka rear shock and fully built Race tech forks. But no serious attempt at weight loss or braking upgrades. 

The performance of the suspension  and the brakes really build confidence. The harder you test them the more they impress. The ride up was very conservative. Setting sag correctly and stiffening rebound in the rear shock eliminated the wallow and wash out feel i had experienced earlier. It felt great on the freeway and in the twisties. 

I ended up riding a stranded rider down the mountain on the pillion. Ofcourse i took a mellow pace for most of the 30miles of down hill twisties. The bike gave no complaint. Factory shift kit and quick shift made seamless shifts, braking was so easy to modulate and no suspension drama. Hard to explain but my confidence really soared after dropping Max off at the gas station where i fueled up and headed back up the mountain for a more aggressive test ride. 

I may not like the steering dampers aesthetics but in the faster sweepers it is nice to have especially if you run through a patch of damaged asphalt. No drama. Lots of fun. 

Haven't checked the front sprocket but gearing feels tall which makes me think it is stock. Or i have just been riding my street triple so long i am riding the VFR in 3rd and 4th gear on the freeway at times by accident. LOL. Power is sneaky and smooth and i believe the PCV is set to eliminate a good deal of engine braking which i like. 

Archived