I am back! With UFO 99 VFR800

• Member Contributer

I sold my RC51 and bought an amazingly modified 99 VFR. I am hoping to learn about the build and need help identifying the builder. The seller was not the builder but a friend of his in Laguna Hills CA

More pictures to follow. I plan on keeping the bike as it has 18k miles and every mod I could ever want to do. Here are the list of mods which are said to have removed 70lbs from the stock weight.

Full Brembo brake system front and rear

Attack adjustable triple clamps.

Converti bars

Marchesinni wheels said to be HRC issue

HRC single nut spindle/axel

Penski rear shock

Traxion Dynamic cartridges in forks  reb adjustable

Two bros full exhaust system or at least aftermarket SS headers with hi mount SS 2 bros slipon.

Dynojet PCV

PC quick shifter.

Speedohealer and Kriss head and brake light strobe.

Clear double bubble wind screen.

Ignition key switch replaced by 2 toggle switches to start.

The fuel tank is mounted high in the front which may indicate an airbox modification. I see temperature foil tape on the airbox. (Have not opened it up yet)

Not bragging yet as i have a lot to learn about this bike a d am hoping one of you can help me find the build thread for it. Oh and I am so STOKED to be on a VFR again.

20170529_142139.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

NICE! Welcome back to VFR ownership...

• Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

NICE! Welcome back to VFR ownership...

The beer on the tool box was her christening. One of my traditions is to have a beer with my new riding partner.

• Member Contributer

Needs more photos of it's blinginess!

Congrats on the score.   Like the others here,  gota see some photos, no teasing  us like that. ;)  I'm very curious about the Brembos,  must of done the de link,  so that also kinda tells me the forks aren't stock. is there a brembo on the rear?   if so I'd like to see that.  If you can get a shot of the rear of the header,  I have the 2bro,  so should be able to tell you if it's the real deal. again Nice score, Hell yes I'd be celebrating too. Welcome back Capt.     

• Member Contributer

Capt - as some other members are saying --- -pull that thing out of the garage and post up more photos!

Wow!

md

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Noice buy Capt.:beer:

Yep more pics please (wheels) 

To find out mod/history , are you able to get in contact with the seller and maybe he can pass your info back to his friend.

Sweet looking bike, Bob. But it doesn't need any mods, what are you gonna do?

Oh right, the shock reservoir could be relocated.

Post dem pics. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Turns out airbox is stock with heat wrap. Even has snorkel in place. Ak-20 Axxion cartridges in forks. Penski is 8987 and steering damper is not yet identified. Wverything is ultra plush right now. I need to set up suspension more to my liking.

20170531_132951.jpg

20170531_121911.jpg

20170531_121820.jpg

20170531_121817.jpg

20170531_121724.jpg

20170531_121849.jpg

20170531_143248.jpg

20170531_121746.jpg

20170531_143240.jpg

Well well, interesting set up, I was sure it was going to have a USD front end,  didn't know Brembo had a kit like this. Yep that's a different rear caliper, as it doesn't look like the stock one. Which in this case it would need to be swap as the stock caliper wouldn't work with that sweet rear wheel.   In the one photo that shows the collector, it does look like you have a real 2bro header.  Again, Nice score. 

Still would like to know how it's 70lbs lighter?  Wheels and header might shave off 15,  center stand gone and de link another 15. If it has a lithium battery, another 3-4,   Ti sub frame?  ;)   it's all good, thats a sweet find,  some folks know how to be in the right place for sure , love that rear wheel  :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Wow - that bike had a serious relationship with the previous owner and had some major lovin' lavished on it.  It looks spotlessly clean -  like it's hardly been ridden.  Looking forward to seeing some pics of it in action.  Congrats on one helluva find. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome back Cap'n - it's like you were never gone [Little would I know]. Those Attack triples have more layers than a Taco Bell layered burrito. Make sure you have the triples on your research-the-build list. Attack can and does make anything their customer is willing to pay for and what the PO did or did not have them do with the triples is mighty interesting. It appears that the Traction cartridges reside in new-from-the-factory VTR lowers...luckily, it also appears that Brembo makes an adapter plate and caliper that fit the VTR lowers perfectly. Can't wait to hear about the ride feel once you get the suspension set to your liking.

**Remember - correct spring selection for your weight and riding style is absolutely required in order to take advantage of sweet suspension bits like the ones on your motorcycle.

I had a Two Brothers high mount on my first VFR [5th gen] and I do not recall it being set as far to the rear as yours. Hmmm.

• Member Contributer

Those aren't VTR lowers; if they are 43mm diameter, my guess would be CB919 (CB900 Hornet) forks. 

• Member Contributer

Quick shifter is plug and play with the PCV. Not sure about PC3. Fairly sure the fork tubes and lowers are stock with new internals.  I could be wrong. Custom bracket for brake calipers. Rear caliper is a twin pot Nissan like cbr f2. 

The weight loss figure was from sellers recollection of builders claim. Another reason why i was hoping someone might remember a thread here or on another forum.

A lot of little things seem to be replaced with track stuff like the gas cap and switches and throttles. I am sure emmissions and pair valves, linked brake plumbing and brackets. Single axel nut spindle and cush drive hub looks smaller and lighter than stock. My guess is it all ads up to something approaching 70 lbs maybe.

Archived