New Member- Now on my third VFR

billnoroville

Hi all,

4 Years ago I bought a used 2004 VFR800.   Found it too tall so I lowered it.  Added Helibars too.  It was due for valve check, tires, chain and sprockets so I sold it.  I retired and decided I needed more bikes.  I had a 2014 FZ-09.  So I bought a very nice Honda Hawk GT twin 650 (never to be sold).   Then one day I see this 1987 VFR400R for sale in the Bay Area.   I bought it knowing anything about it.  I knew it was rare but it was titled and licensed in CA and it ran.   I put about 80+ hours into it not restoring it to a show bike but to make it road worthy and clean as if it were simply a bike that has been ridden and maintained well.   It turned out to be such a fun bike that I ride it about every week.   Because it was a VFR, I decided to look into maybe getting another one.  1987 too old.  Vtech (no), FI (no),  gear driven cams (yes), SSSArm (yes) and low miles.  May 20th I picked up a pristine 1997 VFR750F with just 7,777 miles.  I am currently going through the fluids and waiting on new tires.  Example,  today I pulled the clutch slave off, disassembled it and re-installed with new fluid top to bottom.  Low miles does not mean there is no crud inside a 20 year old bike's workings.

so that is my VFR story and hope the 97 turns out to be a keeper. For some reason, the seat feels lower so not sure I will have to lower the seat.  Time will tell.

IMG_5688.JPG

p-lake road.jpg

at two weeks s.jpg

• Member Contributer

nice looking bikes,luckily you live in a  nice warm climate and can have plenty of riding in the sun!,lucky bugger

Archived