New Member and New to Me VFR

EagleSix

Hi Folks,

A few weeks ago I picked up a 06' 800A, 25K miles, Helibars, Throttlemeister, Corbin seat, Staintune exhaust, relatively clean.  It was suppose to be my solo ride, as we have an 07' FJR1300A when we are 2-up.  With about a 1k miles now, every time I ride this little V-4 I'm liking it more and more (even more than the VTR1000 I had 15 years ago).  In fact I think I would rate it as the 2nd best bike I have owned.  This past Friday the wife had her first ride on it and to my surprise she likes it better than the FJR!  From the 30 or so bikes I have owned over the years, the very best then and still, was the 06' ZX-14, purchased new.  The wife liked it the best to tag along on the back, so it should not have surprised me she likes the VFR of the FJR.  She just likes the tucked in behind me position better than the more sit-up position of the FJR.  We have a longer ride tomorrow and if she still likes the VFR, the FJR will most likely go up for sale to make room for another ZX-14 for our 2-up and then maybe the little VFR will be mine again for solo riding.  Anyway, Thank You for having me here.  I know, I should have at least one photo, but so far it's has been ride time and do the camera thing later!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome. I am enjoying the way your multi bike syndome affects your thoughts. I am always on the look out for my next VFR800 stablemate. 09 FZ1 right now. 

Archived