Opinions on D&D exhaust?

Found this while looking for a highmount. Seller is asking $200. It mounts at same height as stock looks like. 

Could i mount the can on a highmount midpipe?

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

• Member Contributer

Death & Destruction. They are LOUD. Good luck finding the right mid pipe. Personally I'd pass on it.

I had an aluminum low-mount on my '95 and loved it. Yes it's loud, but it's a beautiful sound. 

If you try mounting it on the high mid-pipe, it's going to stick way out past the rear cowl. 

I think I paid $75 many years ago. But it could have been more, I can't remember. 

Paul in SoCal

• Member Contributer

I have one for my 97. It is loud. The Two Brothers is much more refined IMO. As mentioned the high mount mid pipe might be a stretch. $200 sounds high also.

Chances are it is just a straight through 2" muffler, baffle with be perforated and wrapped in exhaust packing. When I rebuilt my Two Brothers I shortened it a few inches, it's quite loud.

• Member Contributer

I was told the only reason D&D's are made in Texas is the fact that nobody lives in Texas........

so many open spaces where nobody will hear the G D loud exhausts.... :goofy:

IXIL from France it's brother,

separated at birth....

The carbon fiber ones are much better sounding than the aluminum ones for some reason. I had an aluminum one and thought it was obnoxious. The carbon fiber one came on my girlfriend's Y2K and I was surprised at the lower volume. The previous owner made an intermediate pipe to make it a high mount.

8a2bc059f8571f0384952779b6c7fa61.jpg9d57f04d6391083826af39e98e6d5e03.jpg

Archived