Close out sales 14' and 15'

Tews19

Standard warranty in the US is only 1 year for the VFR.  The Gold Wing comes with 3 years, but after a quick check, it looks like every other Honda model is only 1 year.

This is directly from the VFR page on Honda's website:

FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION

One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan

Read more at http://powersports.honda.com/2015/interceptor/specifications.aspx#ri0uH1JEqwKV70yy.99

So I ended up with the '14. I didn't get the best deal out there but I walked out the door at $7600 after taxes, title, their stupid fees and freight.  I was offered the extended unlimited Honda 4 yr warranty for $998 but told them no thanks. Got the extended warranty down to $385. Plus tax. Overall I'm very happy and will be bringing her home tomorrow or Saturday at latest. A better scenery pic to follow as well.

Thanks again for everyone's insight! 

20170525_101349.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations Tews19, so have you purchased the standard and not the Deluxe as I can't see any centre stand? Before you leave the shop with it make sure you have your rear seat cowl, toolkit, and the additional rubber strap under the seat for holding stuff down. You should also at least be able to squeeze a free Tank Protector out of them.

Happy Riding.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Tews19 said:

So I ended up with the '14. I didn't get the best deal out there but I walked out the door at $7600 after taxes, title, their stupid fees and freight.  I was offered the extended unlimited Honda 4 yr warranty for $998 but told them no thanks. Got the extended warranty down to $385. Plus tax. Overall I'm very happy and will be bringing her home tomorrow or Saturday at latest. A better scenery pic to follow as well.

Thanks again for everyone's insight! 

20170525_101349.jpg

Congrats - you will love it!

15 hours ago, Grum said:

Congratulations Tews19, so have you purchased the standard and not the Deluxe as I can't see any centre stand? Before you leave the shop with it make sure you have your rear seat cowl, toolkit, and the additional rubber strap under the seat for holding stuff down. You should also at least be able to squeeze a free Tank Protector out of them.

Happy Riding.

Cheers.

Grum

Yes I purchased the standard as there are no deluxe models at any of the dealers in southeast WI. Honestly I think they market them even though they no longer have them in stock. 

• Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, Tews19 said:

Yes I purchased the standard as there are no deluxe models at any of the dealers in southeast WI. Honestly I think they market them even though they no longer have them in stock. 

If I had a base model I would tell people I special ordered the lighter weight "track edition" Interceptor that disposes of such heavy items as unnecessary center stands, superfluous electronic nannies such as ABS and Traction Control which are mainly for guys who can't ride (j/k), and silly luxuries such as heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals which are intended for old folks who can't remember to turn them off :tongue:  I know that in the world of sports cars there are some cars where they actually charge you MORE money for the vehicle in order to get it without power windows, A/C, radio, rear seats, etc, all in the name of saving a few pounds and having an "RS" badge or similar on the trunk.

• Member Contributer

I like all that I hear about the new bike.  I like the overall look of the new bike and the deluxe options.  I dont like that pipe and the way it covers the rear wheel.  I wish that it could have taken after some of the earlier gens with pipe placement.  Why put on a nice SSS with an awesome looking wheel just to hide it.   Get a 6th Gen :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.  I had an 03 VFR and sold it in 2007 and could kick myself for doing so.  I was thinking about getting a new/used bike now.  I was looking at either a used goldwing or another vfr.   I stopped into a local store to look at the gold wings and i brought up the fact that i had a VFR before and he showed me a 2014 which he said had ABS brakes for 7999.  It has 6970 miles on it and has two side luggage containers.   I came here to do some research as i have been a member since my first VFR but hadn't been active since i sold it.   This tread caught my eye as it is the same type of deal i got my first VFR. (Crate sale).   I have a few questions.   Is there a difference between the 14 vs 15 models?  Would it be a better deal to buy one from cedar creek brand new or get the one here local in ohio with the saddle bags and 7k miles on it?  Or should i stick with my original plan of getting a gold wing for more comfortable riding?   Any help will be greatly appreciated?

IMG_20170602_141523620_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170602_141514645_HDR.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you are kicking yourself for selling the 03 VFR then I have to say you answered your own question. The new VFR is a significantly improved version of the 03. ABS and cases and centerstand are a nice bonus for the 6900 mi bike. Shop around a little and ask yourself what it is you are hoping to get from owning the Goldwing vs the Veefer. Which bike answers your needs best and will make you want to ride.

There was a 2014 base model VFR same miles for $5999. No ABS or cases or cc. I was almost going to buy it but swooped up a 99 VFR set up better than I could have afforded to do it. Love the style of the 8th gen though. My 5th gen is kind of bloated looking in comparison.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 5/24/2017 at 8:42 AM, thtanner said:

I personally want to jump at one as well, but I don't know what to do with the 6th gen if so...

Update... sold the 6th gen.

The wife and I are proud owners of two new 2014s w/ 4 year factory warranties! The ride home confirmed it was the right choice; it felt like a true VFR. The low end torque is great, VTEC transition muted, but the mirrors are the biggest surprise; they're phenomenal. I can see more than my elbows! Life-changing. 

DOKJtbl.jpg

If you're on the fence, now is the time. No more imports after 2015 (so far) and stock is somewhat dwindling, depending on area. We only had a handful of dealers that had 2 in stock that we could look at at the same time. They seemed happy to be rid of them, but I made them work for it.

• Member Contributer
On 5/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, GatorGreg said:

If I had a base model I would tell people I special ordered the lighter weight "track edition" Interceptor that disposes of such heavy items as unnecessary center stands, superfluous electronic nannies such as ABS and Traction Control which are mainly for guys who can't ride (j/k), and silly luxuries such as heated grips and self-cancelling turn signals which are intended for old folks who can't remember to turn them off :tongue:  I know that in the world of sports cars there are some cars where they actually charge you MORE money for the vehicle in order to get it without power windows, A/C, radio, rear seats, etc, all in the name of saving a few pounds and having an "RS" badge or similar on the trunk.

I bet those heated grips come in "handy" in Florida.....; )

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

I bet those heated grips come in "handy" in Florida.....; )

Well now...

Last January, overnight lows in Miami hit 51F.  Fingerless gloves and flip-flops get a little nippy at that point.

It got down to 30F in Jacksonville.  Florida covers a lot of latitude.

• Member Contributer
On 7/7/2017 at 0:36 PM, Rectaltronics said:

Well now...

Last January, overnight lows in Miami hit 51F.  Fingerless gloves and flip-flops get a little nippy at that point.

It got down to 30F in Jacksonville.  Florida covers a lot of latitude.

Yes the temperatures in Florida vary widely at times - especially in the Winter.  The heated grips are useless in the summer in the Orlando area but are great for riding in the early morning hours of Fall and Spring and all day sometimes in the Winter.

Archived