Close out sales 14' and 15'

Tews19

I recently sold my 99 VFR and the bike was simply awesome. I'm kicking myself for selling it and now I'm looking to purchase another vfr. I would really like to buy another 99' however I'm seeing lots of '14 and '15 base models that are brand new for $6400 at the dealers. I'm also seeing the deluxe '14 and '15 models for 6800 plus tax of course. Do I take the plunge and buy a brand new bike or continue to look for a replacement '99? I found a near mint '99 for $2800 and low miles (20k). 

Thanks in advance. 

• Member Contributer

Hmm, tough call and depends on a lot of factors BUT, you MUST take the 8gen for a test ride, only then can you make clear educated decision on which way to go. If you do go with the 8gen, go for the deluxe, it's a great buy and a great bike.

Good Luck.

Cheers.

Grum

Time has moved on, that 18 year old 5th gen might be hiding some nasty surprises.   Another vote for getting the new deluxe, comes with a warranty, looks better, factory luggage option, factory bar risers available etc etc.     Just a much better bike.

Awesome feedback guys! I really appreciate.  Now if I go for the '15 what other items may I ask for free? This would be some cat and mouse going back and forth I'm sure but I know someone has asked and received?

• Member Contributer

If nothing else, purchase time is a good opportunity to get accessories locally at prices that are competitive or even slightly better than mail order.

I got my side cases with lock bits and the "carbon look" hugger for something like 30% or 35% off and got a break on installation labor.

If you're in the mood for new protective gear, also not a bad time to drive a bargain.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, boOZZIE said:

Pillion seat cover/cowl

I've heard some aren't coming with it

Good call.  Not sure about the policy your side of the globe but here (USofA-holes) those bits are definitely supposed to be included.  If a bike has been on the showroom floor for 18 months, it is not unlikely to have been mislaid.  If the shop lost it, the shop should replace it.  And of course make sure nothing else went missing like the sorry excuse for a toolkit, the laughable helmet security strap and the owner's manual.

• Member Contributer

Go for the new bike DLX edition its a no brainer.  Full 2 year warranty compared to a 15 year old bike with none. Yeah you save $4k on the old bike  or if you prefer just under $270 a year but will always have that worry at the back of your mind..

Privateer - 

I see you're in WI - check out cedarcreek motorsport if you're close, they'll deal even on the discounted price. Tell 'em what you want and what you are willing to pay. Worked for me.

15 minutes ago, LucaBrasi said:

Privateer - 

I see you're in WI - check out cedarcreek motorsport if you're close, they'll deal even on the discounted price. Tell 'em what you want and what you are willing to pay. Worked for me.

Yes I contacted them last night. Its roughly 1.5 hrs from me. They only have base models left. Mind me asking what you all got with your purchase as far as gear and a deal? I am so close to pulling the trigger on a 14 or 15 with the best deal. Not to sound dumb but if I were to go in and buy a nike would I take it home that day or do I have to wait of them to set it up?

I was able to contact two dealers and of course all deluxe models are now gone. I was able to find a new 14' for 6k plus their 579 set up fee. The bike would come with a 1 yr Honda warranty. Sportland2 gave me an out the door price of $7,941.49. Thats with no haggling and it was a 2015 model. Still waiting for Cedarcreek to call me back

• Member Contributer

I personally want to jump at one as well, but I don't know what to do with the 6th gen if so...

Unless the bike they are selling is still in the crate (highly doubtful), you would be able to take it home the same day.

Make sure to ask about the HondaCare extended warranty.  It adds another 4 years/unlimited miles to the 1 year base warranty.  Mine only cost $695.  Even though Hondas are super reliable, that's too good of a price to pass up 4 more years of coverage.

If you plan on getting saddlebags, try to get them to give you a deal right then...they are expensive.

1 hour ago, Tews19 said:

Yes I contacted them last night. Its roughly 1.5 hrs from me. They only have base models left. Mind me asking what you all got with your purchase as far as gear and a deal? I am so close to pulling the trigger on a 14 or 15 with the best deal. Not to sound dumb but if I were to go in and buy a nike would I take it home that day or do I have to wait of them to set it up?

Sure thing - It was a two hour drive for me as well - but well worth it. I couldn't find but a few close to me, and they were running near full MSRP. I *believe* the 2014 and 2015 are the same unless it's a base vs. deluxe, so I'd swing my best deal and not worry about the year of the bike as long as it's new. BTW, the warranty doesn't start until the bike is purchased, so the warranty is no longer on a 2015 than a 2014.

I got a base, had them add the centerstand. I paid the $59 or whatever it was for the stand, no charge for the installation. I split the doc fee with them and got some off the set up charge. I was told mine was in the crate, which was ok they had to order the centerstand anyway. I had the bike delivered, so I didn't take it home that day. If it's ready to go, I don't see why you couldn't take it same day home. I have in the past with other purchases. 

Here's what I did - get a detailed breakdown of the cost. Bike, setup, centerstand, doc fee, etc. Use that as your guide to make an offer. My salesman was Ryan, seemed like a good guy. After telling them they can do better on the price, he said "make me an offer" so I broke down what I was willing to pay for what and they took it. It was easy.

Cedarcreek had 2015 Deluxe models available not long ago, I hope you find the deal you want. 

Definitely look into the Honda care, bags, maybe a new helmet, and use the bike purchase to negotiate money off each "extra" you plan to pick up.

Good luck Tews!

9 minutes ago, LucaBrasi said:

Sure thing - It was a two hour drive for me as well - but well worth it. I couldn't find but a few close to me, and they were running near full MSRP. I *believe* the 2014 and 2015 are the same unless it's a base vs. deluxe, so I'd swing my best deal and not worry about the year of the bike as long as it's new. BTW, the warranty doesn't start until the bike is purchased, so the warranty is no longer on a 2015 than a 2014.

I got a base, had them add the centerstand. I paid the $59 or whatever it was for the stand, no charge for the installation. I split the doc fee with them and got some off the set up charge. I was told mine was in the crate, which was ok they had to order the centerstand anyway. I had the bike delivered, so I didn't take it home that day. If it's ready to go, I don't see why you couldn't take it same day home. I have in the past with other purchases. 

Here's what I did - get a detailed breakdown of the cost. Bike, setup, centerstand, doc fee, etc. Use that as your guide to make an offer. My salesman was Ryan, seemed like a good guy. After telling them they can do better on the price, he said "make me an offer" so I broke down what I was willing to pay for what and they took it. It was easy.

Cedarcreek had 2015 Deluxe models available not long ago, I hope you find the deal you want. 

Definitely look into the Honda care, bags, maybe a new helmet, and use the bike purchase to negotiate money off each "extra" you plan to pick up.

Good luck Tews!

Thanks CR for taking the time to respond! I am sure you may not feel comfortable sharing your price but was it better then 7800 out the door?

12 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

If nothing else, purchase time is a good opportunity to get accessories locally at prices that are competitive or even slightly better than mail order.

I got my side cases with lock bits and the "carbon look" hugger for something like 30% or 35% off and got a break on installation labor.

If you're in the mood for new protective gear, also not a bad time to drive a bargain.

How much were your side cases Rectaltronics if you do not mind?

15 minutes ago, Tews19 said:

Thanks CR for taking the time to respond! I am sure you may not feel comfortable sharing your price but was it better then 7800 out the door?

Yes BUT - 

I paid $7,310 but there are a few things to keep in mind.

That didn't include shipping to my house (which I wanted but won't effect you).

and because I'm in IL there is no tax reciprocation between states so we pay tax in IL for stuff purchased in WI, so that didn't include tax, title license. I had to do that separately in IL after the purchase up there.

So by the time you would add in state tax title license for you on my $7,310, you're probably very close, maybe just under your $7,800 offer.

Hope that helps.

One more thing - a couple weeks ago eBay had new sidecases from a Honda dealer in Ohio for $850 I think with free shipping. But it did not include the key cylinder/setup.

3 hours ago, LucaBrasi said:

Yes BUT - 

I paid $7,310 but there are a few things to keep in mind.

That didn't include shipping to my house (which I wanted but won't effect you).

and because I'm in IL there is no tax reciprocation between states so we pay tax in IL for stuff purchased in WI, so that didn't include tax, title license. I had to do that separately in IL after the purchase up there.

So by the time you would add in state tax title license for you on my $7,310, you're probably very close, maybe just under your $7,800 offer.

Hope that helps.

One more thing - a couple weeks ago eBay had new sidecases from a Honda dealer in Ohio for $850 I think with free shipping. But it did not include the key cylinder/setup.

That is Honda of Toledo , I got my dealership (DFW Honda) to match their price on bags but I had to pay 8.25% sales tax BUT I got them to include the labor of keying locks which after doing that once was well worth the price, took me about 2 hours to key my trunk on CTX, and my old hands and eyes don't work so well.

We have 2 Honda dealerships in DFW TX area, onc had 14 deluxe at $8.999 and the other $8499 , I too got DFW honda to match Dallas honda, the GM looked at it like not letting the other dealerships getting the sale. Of course acted like there was no meat left on the bone but I know they get money in the back end plus "sales" all count.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, DriverDave said:

Make sure to ask about the HondaCare extended warranty.  It adds another 4 years/unlimited miles to the 1 year base warranty.  Mine only cost $695.  Even though Hondas are super reliable, that's too good of a price to pass up 4 more years of coverage.

The price of the extended warranty is negotiable too, by the way.  ;-)

3 hours ago, Tews19 said:

How much were your side cases Rectaltronics if you do not mind?

Under $800 including the lock bits.  I'd have to check the invoice at home later to give you a better number.

Mind sharing what you were able to get the extended warranty down to? Is there a deductible for the extended warranty?

Once again thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread. I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow to see what kind of deal I can work out. 

I would jump on that. I got mine as a leftover for $7200 plus all the BS fees and tax. If they discount any accessories that's great too. But you still got a $12k bike for 7 grand! 

12 hours ago, Tews19 said:

Mind sharing what you were able to get the extended warranty down to? Is there a deductible for the extended warranty?

Once again thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread. I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow to see what kind of deal I can work out. 

Let us know how it goes Tews - good luck.

Archived