Incognito

rckrzy1

On 6/3/2017 at 6:59 AM, Bent said:

I've owned 2 BMW's and they were very good motorcycles for me.  I beat on them just like my Hondas and they don't care.  In many regards they're better bikes but in summary, about the same quality.  Japanese just do things their way in both bikes and cars as do the Germans.  I own 3 Jap cars and will never own another American made car.  Neither BMW went in the shop with a problem, ever.  They came with 3 year/36K warranties so, to keep the warranty, I just let the shop do the maintenance which was a PIA sometimes since they were out of town back then.  If BMW made a good all around bike like the VFR is, I would probably have it.    

I won't say much but my poor mans BMW's are MINI coopers and they are maint pigs , I have a 2013 clubman S and wife bought a used 2012 Convertible S . I broke mine in as it was new and modded the crap out of it, as in stock 180HP , now 250HP on dyno to wheels so they can be boosted alot , pun intended, stock is 16PSI I'm depending on MAP table run 21-26 PSI and she's holding together well. Wifes has had spark plugs cracked and only got her MINI to about 19PSI , bad coils, bad thermostat housing, and numerous other parts. So not looking at german cars again any time soon, all though the main issues is with motor which was made in France.

Mr. Honda is were people on MINI forum say to go when people get tired of fixing MINI's all the time, buy a honda car and yes they may be boring but they run forever compared to MINI .

Again did not want to upset anyone on here, I just thought it was funny. I bought those BMW logos for my CTX1300 because no one knew what brand of bike it was. It was going to Colorado until I wrecked it. Now I'll have way more fun when I get there on my new VFR . I just love the Vtec and V4's , the CTX1300 was a V4 but nothing like the VFR, mounted other orientation and just completely diff V4.

7 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

I just thought it was funny. I bought those BMW logos for my CTX1300 because no one knew what brand of bike it was. It was going to Colorado until I wrecked it. Now I'll have way more fun when I get there on my new VFR . I just love the Vtec and V4's , the CTX1300 was a V4 but nothing like the VFR, mounted other orientation and just completely diff V4.

If you're going to pass for a Beemer, you'll need to fit some eyelid micro-fairings over the left headlight lens, to give it that asymmetric "hunchback of Bavaria" look. ;-)

40 minutes ago, NZCam said:

If you're going to pass for a Beemer, you'll need to fit some eyelid micro-fairings over the left headlight lens, to give it that asymmetric "hunchback of Bavaria" look. ;-)

Don't forget the "Camel Toe" tail light. :goofy:

Archived