Incognito

rckrzy1

4 minutes ago, Grum said:

Sure they will notice you, it will be the best looking bike there.

Think they will wonder were I got the BMW interceptor ? You did notice my tank badge ?

F529B456-B9F7-4C83-86E2-71ACB2DB54EC_zps

• Member Contributer
Just now, rckrzy1 said:

Think they will wonder were I got the BMW interceptor ? You did notice my tank badge ?

is that a clever bit of photoshop??? Yep best BMW Interceptor I've seen.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

F529B456-B9F7-4C83-86E2-71ACB2DB54EC_zps

Man how could you do such a thing, gotta be against the Geneva Convention!!!:blush:

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, Grum said:

Man how could you do such a thing, gotta be against the Geneva Convention!!!:blush:

LOL - not even necessary really.  I've yet to have someone walk up and say "nice Honda / VFR / Interceptor".  It almost always goes more like this:

Stranger:   "That's a nice / beautiful / great looking bike - what is it?"

Me - "Honda VFR Interceptor"

Stranger - "A Honda?  Really?"

Me - "Yep" (while pointing to the badge on the tank)

Stranger - "I thought it was one of them new Daytonas / Ducatis / Ninjas"

I would assume though that the members of a BMW Club in Colorado are a bit more knowledgeable than the average bike enthusiast I run into in Florida :tongue:

• Member Contributer

That's very funny. I like it in this context.

But I'd nominate you for excommunication from VFRD if you brought that to one of our rallies.:wink:

Hey rckrzy1, did you remove the OEM Honda emblem or just affix the new on one top of the old one?  If you removed the original emblem, can you share how you did it?  I'm interested in removing mine... 

I suspect that all any of this is going to get you is lack of respect from owners of both makes.   I think you would be better off just going badged as a Honda.

35 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

It's a joke, I doubt anyone is going to think he really wants to pretend to have BMW.

Now if I velcro some empty paint cans and mount them off the fairing to imitate the boxer. Again it was for a joke. I had people think my CTX1300 was a BMW so I put those on for a club meeting and people were asking what new BMW model it was . I was laughing so hard. 

Some people are just too brand loyal or serious I think.

I've never owned a BMW but 2 triumphs, 3 suzukis and 3 hondas to date. So far triumphs and hondas most reliable.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Triumphs more reliable than Suzukis? Very surprising.

Why? I've had 2 Triumphs, my second on 30K miles without  missing a beat. Whereas my 20K mile Honda has had an engine replaced, and many electrical gremlins.

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

But I'd nominate you for excommunication from VFRD if you brought that to one of our rallies.:wink:

I volunteer to sit on the tribunal. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial before being burnt at the stake for blasphemy. :goofy:

Why? I've had 2 Triumphs, my second on 30K miles without  missing a beat. Whereas my 20K mile Honda has had an engine replaced, and many electrical gremlins.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Triumph, I just wouldn't expect a Suzuki to give me significantly more problems. Also, be careful claiming Hondas break around here .

Mainly due to the string of YouTube videos watched last night this made me want to male the obligatory Yammie Noob joke.

Beautiful bikes though.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Superballs said:

Mainly due to the string of YouTube videos watched last night this made me want to male the obligatory Yammie Noob joke.

Beautiful bikes though.

Nope, must be a Colonial thing, I don't understand :cool:

11 hours ago, Woodie said:

Only thing that ever went wrong on my Triumphs was the street triple R rectifier/regulator died at 500 miles on the ODO , still under warranty. My suzukis, well I lost count on

stators replaced, fork seals replaced.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

Only thing that ever went wrong on my Triumphs was the street triple R rectifier/regulator died at 500 miles on the ODO , still under warranty. My suzukis, well I lost count on

stators replaced, fork seals replaced.

I hear ya! I rode a GS500 twin for about 9-10 years and it was a bit like Granddad's Axe by the end. But it did teach me an awful lot about bike fettling although I never did sort the charging issue out by the time I laid him to rest (RIP 'Dubious')  

One Triumph had a CCT let go at 50Kmiles but that was an easy fix.

So far the Viffer has had a Replacement engine, replacement Stator cover, ripped out the alarm, Lights failed, replacement side stand switch and melted paint..... But apparently Honda's are really reliable.. LOL> :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I've owned 2 BMW's and they were very good motorcycles for me.  I beat on them just like my Hondas and they don't care.  In many regards they're better bikes but in summary, about the same quality.  Japanese just do things their way in both bikes and cars as do the Germans.  I own 3 Jap cars and will never own another American made car.  Neither BMW went in the shop with a problem, ever.  They came with 3 year/36K warranties so, to keep the warranty, I just let the shop do the maintenance which was a PIA sometimes since they were out of town back then.  If BMW made a good all around bike like the VFR is, I would probably have it.    

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, Bent said:

If BMW made a good all around bike like the VFR is, I would probably have it.    

R1200RS ?

You can't beat the GS for all-round road use, IMO. Of course, it's uglier than a warthog (:goofy:) but it is an extremely capable bike. 

Recent Beemers have a bit of a bad rep largely because they have had trouble with their sophisticated electronics.

Technologically, they have made great strides and have left the Japanese in their dust. Just compare an RT to the ST1300. It's embarrassing. :blush:

Archived