This time it's for real Nicky Hayden has pasted away !

• Member Contributer

Very sad to see him go.  What pisses me off is that some indescribable jerk killed him while he was on a bicycle.  I quit bicycling a long time ago because I thought it was more dangerous than riding a VFR.  People that kill people riding bicycles never seem to be held accountable either.  

• Member Contributer

Sad indeed.  But, might want to hold the outrage for the official police report which, according to this article, will be released mid-July.  It's possible Nick may have been partially responsible.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/807310/Nicky-Hayden-crash-injury-latest-updates-MotoGP-news-Cesena-hospital-police-report

• Member Contributer

I heard he ran through a stop sign. Could be a load of BS, I just don't know. 

At any rate, it's not our place to assign blame, especially in the absence of solid evidence. 

• Member Contributer

For me, Nicky symbolised the true American Way...

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Bent said:

Very sad to see him go.  What pisses me off is that some indescribable jerk killed him while he was on a bicycle.  I quit bicycling a long time ago because I thought it was more dangerous than riding a VFR.  People that kill people riding bicycles never seem to be held accountable either.  

I was a regular bike rider but too many close calls has made me goto a different workout. 

• Member Contributer

He was reportedly riding from a side road across a main road, and the main road had no stop sign.  Let's wait for the official report.

Ciao,

Sadly, whatever the details to the chain of errors that led to the crash, he is not coming back.

He did create a legend though. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Nice to see respect by some GP riders displaying or adding a didgit to their race number to make his 69.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Rossi's "469" design was really cool. Roger Hayden rode with a NH replica helmet and boots. Several other MotoAmerica riders also wore NH replica helmets this weekend.

Archived