Senger

I bought a 2014 VFR-800 Deluxe a year ago and it's the best ride I have ever had! A mechanic at the dealership told me about this forum, said his dad has been on here for years. I gave-up riding when my daughter was born, 30 years ago. Then, when my youngest finally turned 18, 5 years ago, Dad got back on the two-wheeler! Much to my wife's chagrin, it has taken me a while and, several bikes, to zero-in on the perfect one for me. I started with a 2010 Honda 700NT (in 2011). It had a shaft drive and was fine but, I just didn't like the "feel". I then went to a 2011 Yamaha FZ6R. Easier ride but, too light for the highways. Moved up to a 2012 Yamaha FZ-1. 1000 cc and plenty of power, "naked" street style. The problem for me was the weight. It was very heavy and with the 70/30 braking, I would "lunge" forward on hard stops. Back to the FZ6R (2013) for a while. (Also had a Zero electric motorcycle for about a year at the same time as the FZ-1. What a blast but, pretty small in traffic!) Finally, I read about the VFR-800 and one of the local Honda dealers had a 2014 in the Deluxe version. I never even took it out for a test ride. As soon as I hit the street on it, I knew I had the right bike for me. Plenty of power, agile handling and a true sense of balance. The engine positioning and overall weight distribution really does make me feel like part of the bike. ABS, heated grips and turn signal cancellation all add to the fun. Now, I just have to find a track where I can test it out on some curves. ;)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Traditionally, a photo of your machine is required to prove you are not a figment of our imaginations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 5/18/2017 at 0:02 AM, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum. Traditionally, a photo of your machine is required to prove you are not a figment of our imaginations.

What he said... especially the part about the photo. 

Archived