Oil pan gasket part number (VFR800)

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

I am having a hard time locating the part number and/or confirmation that the oil pan gasket part exist in one of the gasket kits. The oil pan itself shows to be the same part number for several VFR years, so I would imagine the gasket would be too. So based on looking through almost all the model years (1998-2015), it appears that the gasket should be part of the Gasket B kit, but most of the fiche pics and list do not show it as an individual item. So I reluctant on buying the kit, not only because it cost $50+ but I cannot confirm it's part of the kit. Logic says it is but I would also hate to have to spend that much money on one gasket.

Anyone happen to know the part number?

• Member Contributer

Yeah, that's an option too. Trying to reduce the time and effort required to change the oil pan and also make sure there is no possibility of leaks. Considering this is where the bulk of the oil sits, any leaks would be unwelcome.

• Member Contributer

So now that the Honda dealer is open I gave them a call and it appears that there is no gasket, he said their service team just uses Honda Bond.

• Member Contributer
42 minutes ago, Lorne said:

Yep, VFR750F used a gasket, but the service manuals for the '98-'01 and the '02-'09 specifies Three Bond 1270B or equivalent for sealing.

After looking at the shop manual again, I did end up finding this info. Page 1-20.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, VFR750F used a gasket, but the service manuals for the '98-'01 and the '02-'09 specifies Three Bond 1270B or equivalent for sealing.

This is good to know.

I remember needing to replace the oil pan on my 06 Focus and fretting about needing to create the gasket with rtv. It's thankfully not that difficult and at least it's not going to become an impossible to find part later on.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Archived