Exhaust too quiet

Rscott8806

I just recently bought a vfr800 and my gf said the exhaust sounds like a wet fart.  Too damn quiet.  What is a good exhaust slip on that won't completely break the bank and that will sound good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2017 at 2:08 PM, Rscott8806 said:

I just recently bought a vfr800 and my gf said the exhaust sounds like a wet fart.  Too damn quiet.  What is a good exhaust slip on that won't completely break the bank and that will sound good. 

http://delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=120015_120748_121473_121496&product_id=2707&Title=Mini+8"+Stainless+Steel+Round+Muffler+to+fit+VFR800F+Interceptor+(2014-2015)&SKU=KIT02AS

pretty enough,  with a baffle just in case your neighbors hate your motorbike.  It exposes the rear wheel,  and it's teensy enough that it unlocks just a bit more breath on the topend according to Delkevic's dyno figures.

• Member Contributer

While you may like a loud exhaust your neighbors may not be so motorcycle loving. And a nice loud exhaust is likely to make them even less so. Plus that shorty pipe looks like crap.

Get something that lets out the sound without being obnoxious, that shorty isn't likely to be non-motorcycle friendly. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off.

Cry me another tale of not wanting to spend 1/3 the money on a muffler that is absolutely not different at all than any other...  because it what,  looks spartan?  
As opposed to the stock godawful thing?

You don't even own a 2014,  let alone one with a new muffler on it?

How about a walkaround of the delkevic setup?
Looks spot on everywhere to ME.  

What do I know,  I only just got an 8th gen and only just put on a Delkevic muffler, right?    I say this because if I can't hear the engine at highway speeds it's harder for me to keep the bike stable speedwise.  
the 14" muffler you have to really pay attention on the highway or it's buried in wind noise.  I actually want a mini series.  The closer to open-header sound I can get, the better.
Don't like it?  well that's up to you.

I was in fact a little sad that this engine sounds a little more nasal and a little less deep and truely angry like the 5th and 6th gen.  I think it's the new header geometry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Your right wrist goes a long way to keep neighbors happy with anything but a HD on straight pipes.  ;)

Archived