Returning owner for the third time

Had. 2009 VFR and then a 2014 model which due to unforeseen circumstances sold it, here I am again though at the age of 52 back on a 2017 model. Love V4's, i have also had the vfr1200 for about three years and I am on my second Pan. The VFR is still a timeless brilliant all rounder. Glad to back again.  I have only one issue that the bike was not supplied with a seat cowl, which is disappointing as I only intend the bike to be for solo use, however the dealer is looking into it as I am convinced it should be supplied and the previous one sold a few weeks ago had the cowl.  I have a good relationship with the dealer so hopefully should be sorted. Any other 2017 owners who can confirm they were supplied let me know, it will only strengthen my case.  Ride safe all. A wee link to my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/9K9B-QFDRdY

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

• Member Contributer

Oh wow, she's a beauty!  Congrats on being the first to take delivery of the new Digital Silver color - or at least the first AFAIK to post pics of their silver 8th gen on the forums.  How does the sound of the new for '17 exhaust compare to your earlier 8th gen if you can remember?  And is it just me or does it look like Honda has started making the new wing badges a lighter shade of red compared to the earlier ones?  I noticed it on other newer Hondas as well.  Anyways, enjoy your new bike!

• Member Contributer

The cowl is put in the crate in Japan with the other bits and should have been shipped over with it

So depending where your bike was uncrated, that's where the cowl is

A large number of bikes are not supplied with the cowl in the UK, mine wasn't and no matter how much I hassled the dealers, Fowlers in Bristol, I still didn't get one

I have been using my Kriega tail packs more and now wouldn't use a cowl, the lines of the bike are ruined when the rider has a rucksack on IMHO

Thier is a wee link there to me doing my first 100 miles that lets you hear the new exhaust, I think it's much better from what I can remember. I could only open the bike up,here and there as I am still running it in and I do believe in not lugging or over revving them but good to open them up here and there for the new rings bedding in.

6 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

The cowl is put in the crate in Japan with the other bits and should have been shipped over with it

So depending where your bike was uncrated, that's where the cowl is

A large number of bikes are not supplied with the cowl in the UK, mine wasn't and no matter how much I hassled the dealers, Fowlers in Bristol, I still didn't get one

I have been using my Kriega tail packs more and now wouldn't use a cowl, the lines of the bike are ruined when the rider has a rucksack on IMHO

Thanks buddy that's useful to know.  

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, honda1964 said:

Thier is a wee link there to me doing my first 100 miles that lets you hear the new exhaust, I think it's much better from what I can remember. I could only open the bike up,here and there as I am still running it in and I do believe in not lugging or over revving them but good to open them up here and there for the new rings bedding in.

Cool, I just subscribed to your channel and watched a bit of your new bike and '17 1000RR test - looking forward to watching them more later tonight when I have some more time although your accent is such that I can barely understand you - LOL.  Check out my motovlog in the link in my sig to hear how English is properly spoken j/k ?

Will do buddy, cheers, I am Scottish so it's a compliment to realise I don't speak the queens english? I will have a look at your Motovlog and enjoy.  Ride safe.

That silver is nice! Offering that alongside white would have made for an agonizing dilemma. Is it just the picture or are the badges bright red? I might be interested in getting a set of those.

Looks great in that colour, got mine last year in white but prob would have chose that silver/grey if it had of been available.
Enjoy !

Out twice today, this is my third time owning the VTec, no idea why I ever moved away, perfect power, handling, comfort, total control.  Brilliant.

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

2 hours ago, ManxVFR said:

Looks great in that colour, got mine last year in white but prob would have chose that silver/grey if it had of been available.
Enjoy !

Got to say I would never have thought about buying a silver bike, but I had a red one before and thought I would rather have a different colour, that and they only had the silver in stock, I did not give it a deep inspection and thought it looked good, but I am so glad I did get it because it's a fabulous looking bike.  The more I see it the more I totally love it.

It really looks sharp with the seat cowl. I might start using A backpack so I can use mine, but the silver really shows the lines well. I like the can, too. I may have been happy to gut mine if it looked that good.

Archived