6th gen luggage grabrail rubber spacers (2002)

Deltel

Hi guys hoping someone out there has a possible solution for me

i have discovered that the rubber spacers for my oem luggage are missing i only found out i needed them as I've decided to remove my rear rack up and box (the rubbers are not needed when using full luggage)

but i still want to be able to use my side cases and unfortunately these parts are now no longer available ,

ive tried using the system without them but honestly besides the fact im worried about water flowing in plus the tail piece now moves about when i ride,it looks dam ugly 

has anyone on the forum tackled this problem before,any ideas ? are there any other bikes with a similar system  

part numbers are RHS: 08L41MCW80012

LHS: 08L41MCW80013 

any help,ideas much appreciated ?

IMG_0733.JPG

• 1 month later...

It took me a few years, but I finally got a pair off of eBay (I had a saved search that alerted my phone).  In the meantime, my temporary solution was to apply red duct tape in a very OCD manner over the gaps (same sized pieces cut with a razor blade and reapplied until I had no wrinkles).  It was a little ghetto, but the tape never came lose and kept the water out.  No one other than myself ever noticed (and if someone did they never said anything).   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, Deltel said:

Hi guys hoping someone out there has a possible solution for me

i have discovered that the rubber spacers for my oem luggage are missing i only found out i needed them as I've decided to remove my rear rack up and box (the rubbers are not needed when using full luggage)

but i still want to be able to use my side cases and unfortunately these parts are now no longer available ,

ive tried using the system without them but honestly besides the fact im worried about water flowing in plus the tail piece now moves about when i ride,it looks dam ugly 

has anyone on the forum tackled this problem before,any ideas ? are there any other bikes with a similar system  

part numbers are RHS: 08L41MCW80012

LHS: 08L41MCW80013 

any help,ideas much appreciated ?

IMG_0733.JPG

I had the same missing spacers on my 2007 VFR800. Local Honda dealer could not find them on their parts list. I contacted David Silver Spares in the UK and they quickly found them and shipped them to me in the USA very inexpensively.

Archived