6th gen or 5th gen VFR800 engine/transmission weight?

• Member Contributer

Hello all - I'm trying to get a quote for shipping a 2007 VFR800 engine and transmission. Before I take the bathroom scale out to the garage, I thought I'd check with the guys who would know how much this assembly weighs. I searched the 5th gen and 6th gen forums, and with google, but haven't been able to find an engine weight.

RVFR recalled a past comparison between a CBR1000RR engine and a VFR800 engine that identified a VFR800 engine and transmission weight as around 154 pounds. I greatly appreciate his input, but if anyone has recent or accurate data on the weight of the VFR800 engine/transmission assembly, it would be great if you chimed in.

Thanks, and cheers all.

• Member Contributer

Take a look in the service manual, specifications section, they always list an engine weight there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Terry said:

Take a look in the service manual, specifications section, they always list an engine weight there.

Indeed ! On p. 1-5 of the Service Manual.

Engine dry weight: 

5th Gen: 74 kg (163 lbs)

6th Gen: 72.4 kg (159.6 lbs)

I wasn't too far off. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Wow, I've picked one up a couple times! I stuck one into the trunk of my car and then got it back out again. All I know is that it is Heavy AF! Don't think I would have tried it if I had known...LOL

Archived