Comparison w photos - Givi vs Zero Gravity

• Member Contributer
I'm copying this post from one I started over at the other site because I value both groups. This is just a little something I've recently discovered about 5th gen windsceens.
I purchased my 5th gen with a Givi windscreen - some call it a sport touring screen.
Click image for larger version.   Name: IMG_0787.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 44.8 KB  ID: 42256
Click image for larger version.   Name: IMG_0789.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 36.4 KB  ID: 42257
Click image for larger version.   Name: IMG_0788.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 36.8 KB  ID: 42258

The Givi was fine for quick twisties and on a 10 day trip, but I noticed when I stood up to stretch while riding, my head and shoulders would be up in much smoother air than when seated behind the Givi. I liked the smoother air with less buffeting, so when Joey_Dude parted out his 5th gen, I bought his Zero Gravity double bubble because of its lower profile:
Click image for larger version.   Name: IMG_0808.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 32.6 KB  ID: 42259
Click image for larger version.   Name: IMG_0823.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 121.3 KB  ID: 42260

There would certainly be more wind on my head and shoulders with the Zero Gravity, but I hoped it would be less turbulent like the wind above the Givi. The result of the comparison - taken over several rides on slab and twisties, all during April days and nights in Southern California - was that yes, there was a slight bit less turbulence behind the Zero Gravity, but there was a lot more air hitting my bare neck. Even in temperate San Diego county, exposed body parts were noticeably colder compared to the Givi. My subjective impression is that the reduction in turbulence behind the Zero Gravity isn't nearly enough to offset the temperature penalty. I'm going to switch back to the Givi. I will try the Zero Gravity again when we get to our hot season in a month or so...
Cheers all.

• Member Contributer

That's odd - when I proofed the post they showed up, and they populate the thread when I navigate to it via firefox.

• Member Contributer

I'm able to see the pics..

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

The links take me to VFRW where I have to sign in. Not a member

Ditto !

Archived