Slip on Exhaust with deepest tone

I have had many different models of slip ons, I had a speed triple which is closest to the VFR in it also being a single sided and 885cc and I remember the D&D was just to

obnoxious and the 2 brothers was bit too loud . So mainly looking for a bigger and deeper sound but nothing as loud as that shorty big mouth I see alot have. I also

recall getting triumph to change my tune to stop the burble on decel , is there an "off road" tune from Honda or is that a no go with newer models without going the

route of a PC ?

I plan about 2 long rides a year so I don't want the drone to be excessive on long days. By long I mean over 300 miles or 500 miles a day.

19 hours ago, Beardedboxer said:

For the money you can't beat em! I love how mine sounds and fit was great. 

I also think the bike looks best with a silver can in back vs a black or CF , but those or just my tastes. I'll have it tomorrow, only 2 days from CO to TX so I know what I'm doing when I get off work tomorrow.

If you want silver with a nice tone, I have to recommend the DAM in matte silver with the Sport DB killer.  It has a unique look and is loud enough to sound pretty sweet when you get on it.  But it's easy to keep quiet when you're putting around town, or coming home late at night.

This video (not my bike) does a pretty good job of capturing the actual sound.  Keep in mind, the backfires when letting off only really occur when revving like that...doesn't really happen when riding.

Here's the link to DAM's site...

http://www.damexhaust.com/product-detail/36

I actually have the matte silver with carbon end cap, with Sport DB killer installed.  It works perfectly with the factory bags, too.

The white bike in the last shot actually has my old Delkevic 14" oval carbon on it.  Without the baffle, it was only slightly louder than the DAM with the Sport DB killer.  The Delk was my temporary pipe until I figured out which expensive one I wanted :biggrin:

IMG_20150704_104358982.jpg

IMG_20160723_160006394_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160724_082341061_HDR.jpg

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

I also think the bike looks best with a silver can in back vs a black or CF , but those or just my tastes. I'll have it tomorrow, only 2 days from CO to TX so I know what I'm doing when I get off work tomorrow.

I went ahead and installed it for you - you owe me a beer ?  Looks fantastic!

product5157_3.jpg

14 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

I went ahead and installed it for you - you owe me a beer ?  Looks fantastic!

product5157_3.jpg

Yes this really is smart thinking on delkevics marketing people, to post an actual picture on the bike to help visualize. If only Honda marketed as well.  But hey, who stole my saddle and tank bags ?

Ok, I got it installed and for the money I like it. I ran home from work to catch UPS truck at 4:30 , I bowl on wednesdays at 6:00 so did not have much time. It was at my door, I allready had stock off and quickly installed it. The fit n finish was perfect, the bump stop for center stand aligned great, the clamps were high quality, and then I just had to go test ride it, I love it, I can now hear the bike. Oh I removed the baffle. Their baffle is not what I expected, it has a bulb at the end that goes about 2/3 into muffler to force the exhaust to travel into the mesh/packing or a good amount of it, looks like they really did some thinking on it. But I pulled it out because it was too quiet for me at idle.

I'll be doing 200 mile trip Saturday and will take the baffle with incase it seems to loud on trip. I did not use the silicone sealant as I don't care if it has a small leak but I heard none. Interesting the coupling/sealant Honda used, not sure what that thing was made out of , felt slick, looks like metal.

• Member Contributer

Copperslip .... As supplied with Akrapovic to stop the 2 parts welding themselves together 

Its not a sealant

8 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

Copperslip .... As supplied with Akrapovic to stop the 2 parts welding themselves together 

Its not a sealant

Are you referring to the OEM thing or the supplied stuff with delkevic ? As honda calls it a gasket on the parts page. If your saying the sealant delkevic sent is designed to anti seize the mid pipe then I will pull it back off and use it.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:03 PM, DriverDave said:

That DAM exhaust looks and sounds great but it's too DAM expensive, over twice what I paid for delkevic . But seeing it's a road "legal" with db killer does make it

worth more if you need that. And it's exact match not generic like the delkevic who uses same muffler with custom mid pipes. If money was no option I think this DAM pipe looks better than my delkevic. Sounds about the same. But again thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.

If you want silver with a nice tone, I have to recommend the DAM in matte silver with the Sport DB killer.  It has a unique look and is loud enough to sound pretty sweet when you get on it.  But it's easy to keep quiet when you're putting around town, or coming home late at night.

This video (not my bike) does a pretty good job of capturing the actual sound.  Keep in mind, the backfires when letting off only really occur when revving like that...doesn't really happen when riding.

Here's the link to DAM's site...

http://www.damexhaust.com/product-detail/36

I actually have the matte silver with carbon end cap, with Sport DB killer installed.  It works perfectly with the factory bags, too.

The white bike in the last shot actually has my old Delkevic 14" oval carbon on it.  Without the baffle, it was only slightly louder than the DAM with the Sport DB killer.  The Delk was my temporary pipe until I figured out which expensive one I wanted :biggrin:

IMG_20150704_104358982.jpg

IMG_20160723_160006394_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160724_082341061_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Tews19 said:

Any more updates?

Here's a weekend update for all the hearing impaired members with super loud exhausts :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for an end can that still has the centre stand bung but cuts short enough to show off the rear wheel !!!!!!

I couldn't find one, so I cut the stock pipe down. It was sealed and pot riveted together. But this week end I'm taking it to a bike shop to get a seam weld around it.....

Ill try to attach some photo's for those interested.

2017-04-27 14.38.59.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 6/22/2017 at 3:47 AM, Jackireland said:

I have been looking for an end can that still has the centre stand bung but cuts short enough to show off the rear wheel !!!!!!

I couldn't find one, so I cut the stock pipe down. It was sealed and pot riveted together. But this week end I'm taking it to a bike shop to get a seam weld around it.....

Ill try to attach some photo's for those interested.

2017-04-27 14.38.59.jpg

Nicely done!  How does it sound?  Did you weigh it?

• Member Contributer

Everybody is happy!  Everybody has "the best" sounding slip on and they're all different. LOL.  That's peace and harmony.  Saw a YouTube the other night where the Harley COO is urging owners NOT to install aftermarket pipes.  It listed how many cities in the country ban loud pipes.  Just another way to tax us with us voting on it.  Don't the po po really have crime to deal with?    

• Member Contributer
56 minutes ago, Bent said:

Everybody is happy!  Everybody has "the best" sounding slip on and they're all different. LOL.  That's peace and harmony.  Saw a YouTube the other night where the Harley COO is urging owners NOT to install aftermarket pipes.  It listed how many cities in the country ban loud pipes.  Just another way to tax us with us voting on it.  Don't the po po really have crime to deal with?    

Of course we're all happy here - everyone in this subforum rides an 8th gen VFR :tongue:

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Bent said:

Don't the po po really have crime to deal with?    

Apparently not, they tend to like shooting people a lot recently ...

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

Wow, talk about lip service:laughing6-hehe: When H-D gives up its Screamin' Eagle brand and forbids its dealers, er, I mean boutiques from installing exhaust parts not bearing the correct EPA labeling for use on public roadways, I'll reconsider my total dismissal of that COO's sincerity.

As for banning loud pipes in this country...  {deep breath}

Loud pipes are already banned at the federal level for more than four decades and I can't think of any state offhand that also doesn't have laws on the books meant to address in some way illegal exhaust systems and modifications.  The reason cities are getting more mention now is because the feds only enforce the laws at manufacturing and customs, many of the state laws are not well though-out from the standpoint of ease of enforcement and adjudication, and state inspections (where applicable) are corrupt.  The People have become sick of the lack of tangible enforcement and the difficulties in making useful improvements to state laws, so they are finding satisfaction in compelling their cities and towns to step up their games with their own local laws.  It is surprisingly easy to do.

I hate to break it do you but these things do get voted on and the truth is, the majority vote is against the noise.  I'll even go one further and say that the majority of folks in this country don't care for motorcycles or their riders altogether.  But if you feel strongly about your perceived right to make noise, you should establish better relationships with your elected officials and rally your peers to do the same.  If your stance has merit you should be able to get legislation written to relax the bans on loud pipes.  If nothing else, you can make sure that new legislation meant to address loud pipes is reasonable in nature and work to kill it if it is not.  Or you can just tell everyone you ain't got time fo dat and then complain about the tyranny of the majority.  :wink:

Most of us probably break various laws, particularly when it comes to traffic rules and motor vehicle regulations.  But the "don't the cops have better things to do" routine is really weak.  Feel free to call it a tax if that makes you feel better but nobody is forcing you to break laws.

7 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Nicely done!  How does it sound?  Did you weigh it?

I tried to load a vid of it running but the clip is to large to be loaded on here..... but ive just took it off because its going to be welded tomorrow.

Although I did weigh it and its just under six pounds

Archived