Jump to content
Veefer800Canuck

So I might have done a thing......

Recommended Posts

On the hunt for some stock CBR1000RR wheels in gold......

18199540_10155391145998470_5336631118193577880_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on finding such a tidy VTR, Rob. It looks fantastic as is, but I can see it has an awesome future in store.

SP1 or SP2? I've read good arguments in favour of each. A Brit mag recently called them under appreciated classics that will only rise in value. 

Terrific choice of wheels, btw.

 

This Sport Rider article might give a few more ideas, though you've no doubt done massive research already:

http://www.sportrider.com/honda-rc51-rvt1000r-great-sportbikes-past

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lorne said:

Congratulations on finding such a tidy VTR, Rob. It looks fantastic as is, but I can see it has an awesome future in store.

SP1 or SP2? I've read good arguments in favour of each. A Brit mag recently called them under appreciated classics that will only rise in value. 

Terrific choice of wheels, btw.

 

Thanks Lorne, it's a 2001 SP1

 

actual odometer reading.

 

IT STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL REAR TIRE FROM 2001! Front is brand new, 0 miles, but 10 years old!

(yes, I'm getting new tires)

18194094_10155379756648470_8924656692056531886_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great find!  :fing02: Cant wait to follow this mod thread.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a rear Pitbull and front Woodcraft stand for the RC, and a set of swingarm spools.

IMG_6590.PNG

IMG_6591.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats from a fellow VTR rider!

 

Stick to this forum, the RC51 one cannot stand it its shadow by a mile or 50...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont worry Dutchy, I'm not leaving. 

 

I'll post up as I do stuff to the RC

 

looking into some Woodcraft clipons with a 2" rise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool Rob, SP1 or SP2? Friend of mine just had his stolen, was in a store at the mall less than 15 minutes-figures somebody targeted him because he just got done doing a nice refresh to it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the VFR/RC51 Club! ...or is it VTR? RVT? SP-1? SP-2? Anyway, sporting Honda v-twin, good match to the v-four.

 

Let us know how the higher clip-ons work out, looking into that myself.

 

 

IMG_2167.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangemaster said:

Very cool Rob, SP1 or SP2? Friend of mine just had his stolen, was in a store at the mall less than 15 minutes-figures somebody targeted him because he just got done doing a nice refresh to it. 

 

Sp1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know since you've put a RC51 front end on your VFR I think its required that you put a VFR swing arm on your RC51. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Rob! Enjoy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on you for figuring a way to tidy the license plate lamp/mount. On my Gen5 & VTR1000F I just removed and put 'em on a shelf.

 

Did you bolt the plate directly to the mudguard? If so, a sheet of rubber (truck tire inner tube, for eg.) as a backing dampens vibration and should prevent the plate from cracking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 0:35 AM, Dutchy said:

Congrats from a fellow VTR rider!

 

Stick to this forum, the RC51 one cannot stand it its shadow by a mile or 50...

LOL. There are some cool guys on the RC forums but some are just a bummer. Congrats on the RC51. Just sold mine yesterday. 

Fantastic motor brakes and chassis. Can't go wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob,

 

You set the bar so high with the mods on the gen 5, you'll have a challenge to top your own work!  Also, glad (and not surprised) to see you stayed in the GDC family!   Looking forward to following this.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Rob,

 

You set the bar so high with the mods on the gen 5, you'll have a challenge to top your own work!  Also, glad (and not surprised) to see you stayed in the GDC family!   Looking forward to following this.   

Thanks Curry! 

 

Hey are you coming on all or part of the ride that Derek is organizing to Troutdale in July? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed some smokey turnsignal as well, front and rear. IMG_6946.PNG

IMG_6947.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have to wait for my bike stands so I can remove my wheels and get new tires mounted. (Back tire is 16 years old!)

 

Also dreading removing the fuel tank, cleaning and sealing it. Ugh. 

 

After all that, I need an insurance inspection. 

 

Oh, and probably fork seals too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×