Check out this beast that parked by me

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Bent said:

Greg, you're not very corner conscious.  Fla. has a couple of corners I guess.  Go ride up in the Smokys for about four days and you'll really appreciate your VFR in a different way if you haven't ever done that.  Stretched bikes go with Crown Vics with 34" wheels.  

This thread started out sad [motorcycle mutilation] but turned quite funny and diverse, thanks to members' wit.

Do not sell Florida corners short - you can find any number of 90 degree rights and lefts where their streets intersect.

As for the original post, if you don't like them long, but you do like them expensive, you can purchase this Roland Sands R1 for $25,000

IMG_0932.JPG.241f069316625f167a86f26721dfd807.JPG

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Bent said:

Greg, you're not very corner conscious.  Fla. has a couple of corners I guess.  Go ride up in the Smokys for about four days and you'll really appreciate your VFR in a different way if you haven't ever done that.  Stretched bikes go with Crown Vics with 34" wheels.  

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting my post to mean I'm ready to trade in my VFR for something more "gangstalicious".   I absolutely LOVE my VFR and have GREAT appreciation for her - have you not seen my vids where I drool and fawn over her?  I often sneak out to the garage just to admire her beauty and touch myself (j/k ? ).   I plan to keep her for a long, long time!  I just thought the juxtaposition of my innocent looking white bike with the evil looking stretched black bike made for an interesting photo so I figured I'd share.  Would I like to take that beast for a few sub 10 sec 1/4 mile runs down a drag strip?  Hell yeah!  Would I sacrifice my VFR to do so?  Hell no! ? 

The rider of the Yamaha probably took a pic of OP's 8th gen and posted it on their moto site of choice with a scathing post pointing out the bloated underpowered v-4 design that's been around since the 80's.  Likely many posts followed with comments like "look at that tiny lame SSS"  and "are those apehangers, where are the clip ons?"  and lastly "my 10 year old 600rr can out drag that thing without the extended swingarm installed".   :goofy:

I don't think they'd even know what you're talking about. Most of those guys don't know a sprocket from a brake rotor. They just know about ordering a 340 kit, chromed spike fasteners, and brain buckets with Mohawks.

On 5/6/2017 at 11:50 AM, GatorGreg said:

I was up at the gym today and this evil black beast parked next to my pure and innocent white VFR ?  At first I assumed it was a Kawi with the green wheels but upon closer inspection it was an R1.  I'm not sure but I think it might be a bit faster than mine LOL

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

Judging from these pictures I think maybe you've got him equaled or even out-gunned in the exhaust-sound category (that's a very minimal can you've got on your VFR).

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, LEGEND said:

The rider of the Yamaha probably took a pic of OP's 8th gen and posted it on their moto site of choice with a scathing post pointing out the bloated underpowered v-4 design that's been around since the 80's.  Likely many posts followed with comments like "look at that tiny lame SSS"  and "are those apehangers, where are the clip ons?"  and lastly "my 10 year old 600rr can out drag that thing without the extended swingarm installed".   :goofy:

LOL ?

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, GreginDenver said:

Judging from these pictures I think maybe you've got him equaled or even out-gunned in the exhaust-sound category (that's a very minimal can you've got on your VFR).

Yeah it's pretty damn loud and sounds awesome IMO but I just started a thread yesterday asking if it was too &@#%ing loud  ?  (see link to other thread below).   One of the commenters on my YT channel said it sounds like a UH60 Blackhawk when idling LOL.   It's hard to see in the pics but the Yami did have two cans under the seat and you could hear it inside the gym pretty clearly - sounded very good.  A friend of mine has, er, had an R1 with stock exhaust and when we compared exhausts the consensus of the bystanders and even my friend was my bike sounded way louder and meaner than his stock R1.  Sadly, he got sideswiped by a pickup truck a few months ago while minding his own business - his R1 got totaled and he suffered several broken ribs, etc.

I'll paypal you $5 if you vlog yourself walking up to him and say "Bro you're missing a brake and I think your suspension is broken".

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I don't think they'd even know what you're talking about. Most of those guys don't know a sprocket from a brake rotor. They just know about ordering a 340 kit, chromed spike fasteners, and brain buckets with Mohawks.

Actually he was not wearing any helmet at all when I saw him.

• Member Contributer

Actually, it's a substitute for the penis extension he desperately needs.

• Member Contributer
On 5/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, GatorGreg said:

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting my post to mean I'm ready to trade in my VFR for something more "gangstalicious".   I absolutely LOVE my VFR and have GREAT appreciation for her - have you not seen my vids where I drool and fawn over her?  I often sneak out to the garage just to admire her beauty and touch myself (j/k ? ).   I plan to keep her for a long, long time!  I just thought the juxtaposition of my innocent looking white bike with the evil looking stretched black bike made for an interesting photo so I figured I'd share.  Would I like to take that beast for a few sub 10 sec 1/4 mile runs down a drag strip?  Hell yeah!  Would I sacrifice my VFR to do so?  Hell no! ? 

No, my sense of humor is not normal and is rather dry.  Some people here don't like it but I don't lose sleep over that or them.  I think it's great you're passionate about your VFR, are one of it's biggest supporters and don't go around pointing out every little "fault" it may have.  You live where you live so that's not really an issue.  The only real problem I see with your bike is you got the wrong color but that's just a minor detail since we only got two choices....; )

On 5/6/2017 at 9:28 PM, YoshiHNS said:

I like how they decided to match the rear brake line to the swingarm so it looks like an addition to the swingarm and not just some bit they forgot to fasten.

Well he spent all his money on the wheels and arm, none left over for a corrected length brake line after moving the RH side front caliper to the rear...

• Member Contributer
On 07/05/2017 at 4:11 AM, GatorGreg said:

Fink, do you guys have bikes like this running around the UK?  Just curious.  Stretched bikes are fairly common in Orlando area but they are usually Hayabusas.   Also, what does "OFFS" mean?  I'm seeing alot of new vocabulary in this thread LOL

The only time you would see a stretched bike  would be at the likes of Santa pod for drag racing.   I have never seen one on the street.  The roads in the UK wouldn't be conducive to one of them.

When you're scrolling quickly and you see:

On 5/8/2017 at 2:12 PM, Nelix said:

Actually, it's a substitute for the penis extension he desperately needs.

Followed by:

On 5/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, Rectaltronics said:

I'd do it for free.

While missing that the "I'd do it free" was quoting: "LOL - that's not enough $ - sorry!   Make it $50 and you got a deal! ?"....

Let's just say I actually LOL'd and nearly spit out my drink.

Archived