Check out this beast that parked by me

• Member Contributer

I was up at the gym today and this evil black beast parked next to my pure and innocent white VFR ?  At first I assumed it was a Kawi with the green wheels but upon closer inspection it was an R1.  I'm not sure but I think it might be a bit faster than mine LOL

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

• Member Contributer

I bet it's interesting in the twisties. 

That's not a beast...more like a douche-mobile!  I've always hated those morons with extended swing arms that don't know how to take a corner!  They usually just go to bike nights and do lots of straight line drag racing in town.

• Member Contributer

OFFS,what the heck is that monstrosity. What a waste of a good bike, see they have halved its braking power and eliminated the handling. 

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, DriverDave said:

That's not a beast...more like a douche-mobile!  I've always hated those morons with extended swing arms that don't know how to take a corner!  They usually just go to bike nights and do lots of straight line drag racing in town.

It may be useful to differentiate not knowing how to make a corner from not caring to.

To each their own.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, DriverDave said:

Yeah I'm usually not a big fan of stretched bikes but I thought this one looked really cool and was actually rather tasteful (no ugly flame paint job, etc).  It had a meaty fat tire on the back - I'm guessing a 340 mm or so.

I don't understand why I keep seeing gangstalicious bikes with a missing rotor. It's bad enough that they ruin the handling, although they'd never approach a corner quicker than Granny in her Ninety-Eight, but why are they taking the brakes off?

I'll give you a pass if you actually bring your bike to the strip, but I've been to the strip out here a few times and nope, they're not there.

1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

I don't understand why I keep seeing gangstalicious bikes with a missing rotor. It's bad enough that they ruin the handling, although they'd never approach a corner quicker than Granny in her Ninety-Eight, but why are they taking the brakes off?

I'll give you a pass if you actually bring your bike to the strip, but I've been to the strip out here a few times and nope, they're not there.

It's for posing in the parking lot.

So you can see the blingy chromed front wheel from the RH side while the bike is parked.

Worst of all, they simply remove one caliper, yank the brake hose off, and run the stock master cyl to only the LH caliper, thereby changing the master/slave hydraulic ratio by 50%.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

LOL "gangstalicious"!?!    I must have been living in the suburbs for too long because I've never heard that word before! ?

Good eye on the missing front right rotor - I didn't even notice that!  I did notice the missing mirrors ? 

• Member Contributer

I like how they decided to match the rear brake line to the swingarm so it looks like an addition to the swingarm and not just some bit they forgot to fasten.

LMAO at the removal of the front brake caliper!  I didn't notice it and I didn't know that was an IN thing with that crowd!  Man, we are really getting here quick!

idiocracy-poster.jpg?1458770757

• Member Contributer

Wow! Hardcore drag bike! So rad. I have a lot of riderz sportbike club types at my work. bikes all bedazzled out and the riderz themselves fronting the ultimate badass persona. I have to wait a second to pull my helmet off until i am done laughing at them then give thwm a tough guy nod with just a hint of smirk. 

LOL "gangstalicious"!?!    I must have been living in the suburbs for too long because I've never heard that word before! 
Good eye on the missing front right rotor - I didn't even notice that!  I did notice the missing mirrors  

I didn't notice the mirrors. Not even those stupid Pig Spotters. Block-off plates: not just for track bikes any more.

I like how they decided to match the rear brake line to the swingarm so it looks like an addition to the swingarm and not just some bit they forgot to fasten.

LMAO. This just keeps getting better. It's really starting to make me feel bad that these people exist. And I'll bet he'll complain about the stupid cagers causing him to wreck.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, fink said:

OFFS,what the heck is that monstrosity. What a waste of a good bike, see they have halved its braking power and eliminated the handling. 

Fink, do you guys have bikes like this running around the UK?  Just curious.  Stretched bikes are fairly common in Orlando area but they are usually Hayabusas.   Also, what does "OFFS" mean?  I'm seeing alot of new vocabulary in this thread LOL

• Member Contributer
50 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Fink, do you guys have bikes like this running around the UK?  Just curious.  Stretched bikes are fairly common in Orlando area but they are usually Hayabusas.   Also, what does "OFFS" mean?  I'm seeing alot of new vocabulary in this thread LOL

Oh, for f**ks sake, really, you don't know what OFFS means? :wink:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

Oh, for f**ks sake, really, you don't know what OFFS means? :wink:

Thanks Duc!  IASFS (I Am So F'ing Stupid ?)

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Fink, do you guys have bikes like this running around the UK?  Just curious.

I guess there are a few around but they're generally not for road use. Trouble is, I think the longest straight over here is about 300yards so they wouldn't cope very well. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

If it lights his candle and/or gets him laid, it is his money.. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

AFAIK it is illegal in the US to let your front wheel leave the ground so the only way you can enjoy the full acceleration of a litre sportsbike is to fit one of these goofy lengthened swingarms. :wheel:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this, though. :unsure:

At any rate, they are just about non-existent in Old Europe. 

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Nelix said:

It may do the first, even the second with members of his own sex.

You homophobe !

I bet you voted for Trump. :goofy: :tongue:

Edit: I see that you are in Scotland but I won't let that trivial detail ruin my excellent joke. :laugh:

It's not just Busas around here, there are plenty of stretched 600s. You can't get past first gear, or even through first gear on a lot of bikes, without speeding in most places, so I doubt they're just trying to be good citizens .

• Member Contributer

Greg, you're not very corner conscious.  Fla. has a couple of corners I guess.  Go ride up in the Smokys for about four days and you'll really appreciate your VFR in a different way if you haven't ever done that.  Stretched bikes go with Crown Vics with 34" wheels.  

Greg, you're not very corner conscious.  Fla. has a couple of corners I guess.  Go ride up in the Smokys for about four days and you'll really appreciate your VFR in a different way if you haven't ever done that.  Stretched bikes go with Crown Vics with 34" wheels.  

Leaving Louisiana and riding Three Sisters, I didn't know WTF to do with myself. Not only corners, but elevation change. Not potholes or shitty patch jobs every five feet, either. Those stretched bikes may have been able to keep up with me.

Archived