Opinion Request: 2nd bike to compliment the viffer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if I were to ever get an H-D it would be a blacked out V-Rod Muscle. *Very* respectable performance, and minimal branding of the sort that elicits eyerolling. Dutchy is correct though, one should always get what they like, and not worry so much about others' perception.  

That being said, I suspect I shall never be "cool" enough for a H-D. :goofy:

Have you seen the Yamaha Stryker? Now, there's a cruiser I think I would enjoy. :cheerleader:

Yep, rode a Stryker. Thought I was pretty cool until I laid it down .

No doubt, ride what makes you happy. Just made the statement mostly to point out that there are usually cheaper, more competent and reliable options. I don't try to lecture Hardley riders on why their bike sucks and they don't bother me for the most part. It's just fun to poke fun. I'll ride a 250 if it makes me happy, I don't give a damn what Bubba on his HDLXHDGF or Lil 'Nilla Wafer on his stretched Busa think.

I have an ST1300. Have thought about buying a CRF250.  But three bikes I always seem to regret so maybe should just stick to my 2.  I have the Pan because it is a brilliant bike and a V4 , this is my second one, but it also the only bike my partner feels at home on and happy to do distance.  I always thought my Pans where grown up VFR's ?.  So probably why the third bike itch is still there.  For me the VFR covers so much of the sports bike and daily stuff, hard to justify anything else like al street bike in my opinion.  Not that we need much to justify out bike buying ???.  My Pan covers any kind of cruising bikes as it's pretty laid back in its own way, a cruiser would be great to own again  but pointless in rainy Scotland.  Finally something like a Triumph Bonnie or Thruxton appeals but really just becomes a pretty bike in the garage.  So been there and done that and keep doing it, mental expensive addiction?.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The VFR does it all well enough to be an only bike. So if I were looking for another bike to complement it, it would be something that couldn't be an only bike.

So in ascending order of budget:

KTM RC390

Triumph Street Triple

Ducati Hypermotard

These are bikes that would be a blast on the 50km stretch of twisties that start a few blocks from my home. I used to have the money but no room, now I have the room but no money.

Having said that, I do have a Suzuki DR350SE, so maybe I need a third bike.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, timmythecop said:

getting sexier

18835838_10213321865820878_5112961354014966240_n (1).jpg

And more dangerous.................

(front caliper........) :goofy:

• Member Contributer

2nd bike to VFR has been a revolving door of used bikes for me. These two are my current favorites. Unfortunately i am forced to sell the Triumph. The FZ1 is a Yamaha VFR with so much motor and stability. Wife says two bikes at a time from now on. HA! She knows nothing.

Honda VT1000f SuperHawk is a really tempting choice. They are selling cheap too.

IMG_20160907_125456.jpg

20150905_101028.jpg

• Member Contributer

As for VTR's

Why have chicken when you can have pork? :goofy:

Just get a "different" VFR. ;-)
IMG_0723.thumb.JPG.b716232c003beda602f83b90dd788672.JPG

Seconds on this idea, though a fully-loaded Honda or Yamaha touring bike also appeal. And a dirt bike for practicing handling skills and off-road fun...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived