Chain/Sprocket Kit Recommendations

Nah, I think it went straight down from the front sprocket to the roads. Revs just dropped suddenly and it was revving freely while in gear. I was getting ready to turn into my work parking lot from the highway, so I was able to brake normally, then coast to a parking spot.

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Nah, I think it went straight down from the front sprocket to the roads. Revs just dropped suddenly and it was revving freely while in gear. I was getting ready to turn into my work parking lot from the highway, so I was able to brake normally, then coast to a parking spot.

Similarly lucky, I lost a chain while accelerating on a freeway entrance. I'd forgotten to lube it before it before a short test ride. It jumped off the rear sprocket, toward the hub fortunately. I experienced the same sensation - revving with no results. I was able to coast off the highway at the next exit, downhill all the way! 

I've always considered an escaped chain as potentially equivalent to a canon loaded with grape shot. :ohmy:  

Yeah wow. A chain coming off is like Russian roulette. Does it bind up in the rear sprocket locking the rear? Does it whip though the crankcase? Never know and some results are super scary

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

An Italian company called Ognibene also makes rubber-damped sprockets.  This shows the relevant JT sprockets (non-damped), but shows some of the common Honda countershaft sprocket sizes:

57a8ffc08fa9c_HondaFrontSprocketsCompared.thumb.png.2f6d92b7e712f89c4203168481dad8c0.png

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Btw, "Chain 50" means a 530 chain...

Ciao,

Archived