VFR 800 VTEC SWINGARM

mrmmrm

Question

Hi matured VFR riders,

I have a simple question about "interchangability" of swingarm between VFR 800 2002-2011 and new VFR 800 2014- ?

I like older model much more than new one, for me it´s more sporty shaped, but new model has some very nice details and cocretely I´d be interested in changing new swingarm to older model.

Thanks for your posts ..

5 answers to this question

Hi and welcome.

Knowing Honda, there's every chance it would be a direct swap. All you need is someone close to you with a 6th Gen, a workshop with tools, and a mutually compatible weekend... swap 'em over. I have no doubt many 6th Gen owners would jump at the chance.

If you like your rear wheel more than the 6th Gen wheel you'd have to look into swapping the axles (or entire hub/eccentric assembly) but again, most likely the same dimensions.

11 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Hi and welcome.

Knowing Honda, there's every chance it would be a direct swap. All you need is someone close to you with a 6th Gen, a workshop with tools, and a mutually compatible weekend... swap 'em over. I have no doubt many 6th Gen owners would jump at the chance.

If you like your rear wheel more than the 6th Gen wheel you'd have to look into swapping the axles (or entire hub/eccentric assembly) but again, most likely the same dimensions.

Thanks for the answer. 4 years ago I was the owner of the 6th gen VFR but something flew through my head and I sold it. Many time since then I´ve asked myself why I did it because good vibrations of the V4 remained inside me. So now I´ve decided to buy another one and just in advance I´m thinking about a couple of possible modifications. On ebay I´ve seen an arm from 2014 model for not that big money so an idea was born :-)

There's a thread on here somewhere about a guy with a 6th gen swapping up in tire hub in order to be able to put the new rear wheel on from the 8th gen onto his 6th gen it was possible so there is probably some compatibility with the swing arm it just depends on whether it lines up the same for the chain which it probably is because the engine is the same so I imagine it has the same mounting points and the forward sprocket is at the same offset etc.

Matured like smelly cheese?

Archived