Purolator PL14610 oil filter...fit?

Can anyone confirm that this filter fits a 3rd gen VFR750F? 

I have read lots of great things about them, just want to confirm they fit for sure before driving this weekend to get some. They are actually a car filter but I have read that they fit the VFR. 

Thanks in advance! 

Devon 

Yes I have seen that.

Specifically curious if anyone has had fitment issues with the 14610 on a 3rd gen as it is a bit longer than the 14612. 

• Member Contributer

More tedious maneuvering behind headers, consequently slightly harder to remove& install. Used lots of them on my 4th gen( same as 3rd, filter-wise)

• Member Contributer

Confirmed your plans yet?

I was looking at some of the reviews on these on Amazon and on the CalSci site and it looks like they were redesigned recently and may not work?

13 hours ago, WIN6 said:

Confirmed your plans yet?

I was looking at some of the reviews on these on Amazon and on the CalSci site and it looks like they were redesigned recently and may not work?

Your right. It looks like there was a redesign and the new convex design apparently bottoms out before sealing properly.

I am going to call and ask about the filters I had put aside before driving out to get them. 

Has anyone tried using using a newer convex style on a 3rd gen with success or failure?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I got the PBL14612 on no problem (and no leaks) so, I /think/ the newer style seems okay?

I'm not 100% sure about the difference though. . . The first picture is definitely what the one I installed looks like, and I think the second picture (with the logo and different views) is the 'old style' ?

41Btb5kKWQL__AA300_.jpg

Purolator-PurolatorBOSS-Products-500.jpg

Archived