Help with putting on stickers . . .

choco

Hey guys,

I got my body parts back from the painter, looks great, now I need to apply the Honda Wings stickers to the tank and other stickers. These are not decals, but stickers. I watched a video where a guy places the sticker on and tapes it and peels off one half and squeegees it flat. Then work the other side. Another guy suggests using soapy water right on the sticky side and that allows you to move it around, but I'm thinking the soapy residue will not benefit the sticky stuff. Anybody with experience with these?

Thanks in advance.

Lee in Duvall, WA

if you are good at placement put on dry, if not use water with a small amount of baby shampoo mixed so you can move stickers to where you want.then blot out excess soapy water & any bubbles & let dry .

• Member Contributer

I sprayed a light mist of slightly soapy water on before fixing the big VFR sticker on my right lower cowl. Made it very easy to reposition correctly and squeegeed out well. No adhesion issues afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try using the soap mist because the Honda Wing is not long, it's kinda of awkward to use the tape method. I'll try it this weekend and let you know.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived