No Indicators, No Headlights

Woodie

• Member Contributer

Just a quick question. I lost both indicators and the headlights this morning. Are these all on the same fuse?

at the same time the 'FI' light came on and stayed on, the bike seems to be running fine and hopefully it will get me home from work tonight.  

I have only just refitted the fairing so it could be I have disturbed something as I wrestled the 10 different plastic panels together.

• Member Contributer

After stripping the faring's off I cleaned and reseated the blue connector (seems to be a frequent culprit) and as many others as I could see. Didn't seem to do anything so I started on the relays. What I did discover was that the "Pass" worked, also if the lights were switched to main beam all four lights worked with the "Pass" switch. As all three Relays are the same I listened to the find which one worked and swapped it with one of the others. Still the same. I swapped them all out and no joy.

eventually I swapped them all back after soaking them all in electrical cleaner and everything worked!

Go Figure! I can only assume the relays had stuck and all the moving free'd them or the electrical cleaner worked. . I could be talking cobblers here.

Speedo connection was easy, it hadn't clicked into place when I replaced the cracked alternator cover.

Archived