Now for something different in a VFR....

Bought a 1990 VFR750f that clipped a car about two months ago.  Had an idea in my head of something different.......Enjoy.

20170424_131833.jpg

20170424_131840.jpg

20170424_131854.jpg

• Member Contributer

Great job, Mossy, care to give us some details about the build? It looks like you re-used the oe controls & instruments, but what about the lights - Triumph Speed Triple? How tricky was it to reroute cables & hydraulics to get such a clean look?

I am no special fan of streetfighter conversion, even if on this forum, there are some gold nugget based on 4th generation (yes, I am thinking about @SEBSPEED and @apexandy). So far, I have not seen anything based on a 3rd gen that I liked but this one looks great, congratulations :wink:

It looks quite simple, especially without the water tank on the right side. Nice job. That could give me some ideas for my own rebuild.

Welcome! That looks great - clean and light. Nice paint, too. Where are the coolant bottle and oil cooler?

Where in NFLD are you? I'm from YQX.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Great job!

I love the simplicity of it.

Doing a similar build now to get my son into the sport.

P.S.

Oil cooler - Will be interested in your experience with temps once it gets warmer.

It would be nice if the cooler can be dropped w/o overheating.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Great looking machine you've got there.

And quite a quiver of two-wheel machines In Your Garage. Is it hard to decide which to ride? Perhaps you use each for a specific task.

You are obviously another victim of MBD (multi bike syndrome). Congratulations. 

7 hours ago, Rice said:

Great job!

I love the simplicity of it.

Doing a similar build now to get my son into the sport.

P.S.

Oil cooler - Will be interested in your experience with temps once it gets warmer.

It would be nice if the cooler can be dropped w/o overheating.

I removed the oil cooler and just made a loop line.  Here in Newfoundland, Canada. The temp very rarely goes above 85 fahrenheit, So over heating is not a problem.

21 hours ago, slovcan said:

Welcome! That looks great - clean and light. Nice paint, too. Where are the coolant bottle and oil cooler?

Where in NFLD are you? I'm from YQX.

Cheers,

Glenn

Hey Glenn.  I'm from YQX also.... I figure we know each other.  

The oem coolant bottle is replaced with a smaller two stroke oil bottle from Canadian Tire.  As for the oil cooler.... I removed it and installed a loop line.  

Not very warm on The Rock. LOL

22 hours ago, Lorne said:

Great job, Mossy, care to give us some details about the build? It looks like you re-used the oe controls & instruments, but what about the lights - Triumph Speed Triple? How tricky was it to reroute cables & hydraulics to get such a clean look?

I took some pics along the way.

Relocated the fuse panel under the gauges and all the connectors for the handle switch wiring are now located between the steering head and the air box. 

Had to cut up the wiring to shorten it so everything would fit.

I used the factory gauge mount, just cut the two sides off it. see pic...

58fa766165c04_69ol-237eb87f758daa7542c5a298665ca7be(1).thumb.jpg.2c12c58665c83ff726ae08915d58f582.jpg

20170305_210918.thumb.jpg.28624ae3c8b3bb2b43c8fc5f841a72e6.jpg

20170318_191439.thumb.jpg.69f8c6e733a93df803e1ae559cb55e18.jpg

20170318_191433.thumb.jpg.6fe6650413823e568a9cb397621952ef.jpg

The lights are H4 from Ebay.... No Speed Triple to expensive.

PS  Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I really enjoyed building it !

58 minutes ago, Mossy21 said:

Hey Glenn.  I'm from YQX also.... I figure we know each other.  Duane

The oem coolant bottle is replaced with a smaller two stroke oil bottle from Canadian Tire.  As for the oil cooler.... I removed it and installed a loop line.  

Not very warm on The Rock. LOL

Hi Duane, we might know each other, but I left a long time ago - 1977. The loop line might well be good enough for the Granite Planet unlike the moonscape of New Mexico or Arizona. A friend just got to PHX a couple of days ago - 36 Celsius and its only spring. Stand by for a PM.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived