Oops

Katie

Happily tapping away in the 8th Gen forum so forgot to do the polite 'hello' bit.

Hello!

In the UK, doing stupid mileage (700 miles per week) on horrible roads and more sensible mileage (fun rides and touring) on nice roads. Had the bike for a couple of weeks now and have hit my first 1000 miles so getting used to it rapidly. Arrow can on when I bought it, had the crash bungs fitted and put the rack on at the weekend. Just got to fit the radiator guard (Evotech Crossrunner version - hope it fits!) and Powerbronze double bubble and all is good :)

WP_20170425_15_24_31_Pro1.jpg

Welcome aboard!  700 miles a week is crazy.  I drove 500 miles a week to my first job out of college and did that for a year.  I couldn't imagine tossing in another 40 miles a day.

20 minutes ago, crakerjac said:

Welcome aboard!  700 miles a week is crazy.  I drove 500 miles a week to my first job out of college and did that for a year.  I couldn't imagine tossing in another 40 miles a day.

On busy days about 30 miles of that is filtering on the motorway (or lane splitting on the Freeway!) then some fast boring stuff, and finished off with 10 miles of fast-ish country lanes. If the weather is bad enough, and enough people try to kill you, it keeps it interesting :wink:

• Member Contributer

Just curious, what is the meaning of oops in this case? I think the choices you've made are pretty good!

First prize goes to Saoirse for the 'Oops' recognition :)

I think the high mileage is my own karma. All those little internal mutterings about wishing I could just ride my bike (rather than work) must have had an audience somewhere so now I get to do both!

Brad, I'm in Oxford too but working in Surrey so spend most of my life on the M40 and M25!

Archived